Guess who is Back !!!!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Guess who is Back !!!!!

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Hey everyone: Here is part of an email I sent to Paul today:

I have been out of RWFF and the forum for quite some time since I switched an old Win 7 PC to Win 10 and
purchased a new HP workstation PC using Win 10 in Sept of last year.

Brian Donald had left a message on Face Book, which I don’t visit too often, wishing me Happy New
Year and asked me “how do I like the new game”. I saw this on January 15.

I immediately went to the forum, I originally couldn’t sign in but eventually remembered Name and Password combo.

Paul had a link to purchase the game (sim) so I went to MS website and purchased Fly Fishing Sim HD Premium.

Wow, have I been enjoying myself since then. At first using keys to strip and rewind the line was awkward but I’m
proficient at it now. I was having trouble keeping my mouse off the white strip at the top of the screen when setting the hook
because the screen would come with me sometimes being completely lost. I don’t have that problem anymore.

I love this sim. The water movement is great and the fish hitting the fly and reacting to the hook set is very realistic. They jump like crazy too.

At first, because I forgot how to cast and set the hook etc., I thought earning flies, sites, leaders, rod and reel combo was a pain in the butt. After I
started mastering the art again, I enjoy being rewarded for some of the fish I catch.

I think the New Beginner level is like the old Experienced level on RWFF. You need finesse to catch some of these fish and your tackle choice had better
be heavy enough or you are in for a long battle which might not be productive. Been there: Done that.

I left a 5 star rating on the MS site for the sim. I wanted to copy and paste it to this email but I’m not able to do that.

My wife came in this morning as I was “fishing” and said “oh back to that addictive fishing game again”. I just smiled at her. Lol

I have all 6 sites opened on 4 rivers, need just one more on the others, 36 flies which now are in 15 categorized boxes, all rods available and I think I need one more leader.

I saw where you are going to set a link to make this sim backward compatible with RWFF. That's great.

Wonderful job, Paul. Now you have to get this more available to customers. I tried looking up ways to find it on Windows site using search engines but it’s not easy.

I saw somewhere that you will be releasing new rivers to this sim. I can’t wait for that. I am really excited about this sim.

I’m wishing you all the luck in the world on this and hope you sell thousands of sims.

My best always,

Boston Bob
Watertown, Ma.

I'm glad to be virtual fishing again guys. I'll visit the forum a couple of times a week. It will probably be some time before we can compete again in fishing tournaments
since most of you are on Win 7 but I'm sure Stanley will figure something out.

To all my friends around the World, I wish you the very best in 2017.

I'm glad to be back.......
Boston Bob

Re: Guess who is Back !!!!!

Postby rwwalleye » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:32 am

Hi Bob,
Welcome back. I posted one of the outings from the new FFSHD on the Klamath River, Ca. and just finished another one which I will probably post on tomorrow. Been real busy taking care of Family members, going to doctors and whatever else that needs to be done. Will send you an email tomorrow to catch you up on things around here. Tell the wife hello. Talk to you soon. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: Guess who is Back !!!!!

Postby Cutch » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 am

Welcome back, Bob
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing