FFSHD now on iOS

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

FFSHD now on iOS

Postby paul » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Friends,

Fly Fishing Simulator HD has just been approved by Apple and should be on the iTunes Store now or very shortly. I had some extra hurdles to jump there, some of them technical, some matters of policy, but it's all good now. The offer of a bonus free river in exchange for registering is not in the iOS version. They won't approve an app that unlocks functionality through a means other than the iTunes Store. I'll make an update to the content server to make that river (the Rogue in Oregon) available for download with the Unlimited Subscription purchase, though.

The iOS version doesn't yet have the option to download content from third party servers, but that will come in an update ASAP.

If you try the iOS version please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: FFSHD now on iOS

Postby jaybo41 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Paul,

I've enjoyed the game for years now. I purchased my first used with Windows PCs and when I switched to Mac, I'd lost out until you created the iOS versions! As soon as I knew it was an option, I downloaded and enjoyed the game. Naturally when I saw an update I couldn't resist and purchased the complete version. Money well spent in my opinion.

The HD version is much more realistic, graphics are significantly clearer resulting in a much better and more enjoyable fishing excursion. Great job!

I am currently having an issue with the game crashing when I hook into a fish. It seems to happen after several have been caught. When I restart the game it seems to work again until a couple of fish have been caught then will crash again. This is my only real issue with the game.

The orientation of the game only allows for one side of the iPad to be used. This was the case with the previous version, I'm guessing it's not easily programmed to shift to the other?

Couple of questions for you: When tying flies I'm having difficulty locating palmered hackle for flies like Caddis Dry, Wooly Worm, Bugger, etc. I'm wondering if that's an option? Is there a way to space out tinsel wraps on a body when tying traditional flies like a Gray Ghost or traditional Steelhead/Salmon patterns?

Tying is great, I've been enjoying spinning some of my own creations. After one day of significant time spent playing, I've noticed these materials missing, they'd be great adds :P
1. Scud hook
2. Golden Pheasant Crest
3. CDC feathers for wings or legs

Thanks for your hard work updating and improving this great game.

Cheers,

Jaybo
jaybo41

Return to Real World Fly Fishing