New release: Fly Fishing Simulator HD Premium for Windows

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New release: Fly Fishing Simulator HD Premium for Windows

Postby paul » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:16 pm

The Windows version of the new Fly Fishing Simulator HD Premium is now available on the Windows Store for Windows 8 and 10!

Fly Fishing Simulator HD is the next generation of Real World Fly Fishing featuring:

Higher resolution graphics
Smoother flowing water
A new body of water every week
Full support for Windows 8 and 10
Support for mouse input and touch-screen devices

The Premium version includes access to all rivers published to date, plus an unlimited subscription for the new waters.

You can get the new version from the Windows Store:
https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9N9XQW5TJRLB

Fly Fishing Simulator HD (non-premium) is also currently available for Android on Google Play. That version is free and offers a subscription for $1.99 per month, or an unlimited subscription (the equivalent of Premium) for $39.99.

Since this version just went live on the Windows Store, I'd really appreciate a report from anyone who gets the new version, just to confirm that the store package works as it should. I'll wait on doing any marketing for this new release until I've heard at least one report that it installs and runs well. 8)

The new version will be priced at $39.99, but for the rest of the month it's on sale for $29.99.

In the coming weeks I'll release an update that supports custom outings and fish, along with tools for content creators to package and distribute their work for the new version.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: New release: Fly Fishing Simulator HD Premium for Windows

Postby Malamac » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:51 am

Hi Paul

Just purchased your game from windows store and installed, continued to download just a couple of rivers and ran the sim, so far everything runs great. Wow, the rivers look great,
first time seeing the new sim, thanks so much.

Stephen Cunliffe
Malamac

Postby paul » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks so much for the purchase and the report!

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby creekfisher » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi Paul.
I just downloaded the game on my surface pro running windows 8.1 pro, and the screen resolution is so large that you only see half of the game screen. My surface is set at the default resolution of 2160 x1440. Can you give me a hand on how to change the resolution of the game?
Thanks
creekfisher

Postby paul » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:34 am

That's interesting... I haven't heard of that issue yet, but this is a new release. The app should automatically scale to fit the screen, but it's native resolution is 1920 x 1080. Please email me at paul @ pishtech dot com and I'll be happy to help. It may take a little research to get this sorted out.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Malamac » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Merry Christmas Paul,

I have run into a bug, some of the fish when making a run will run onto land and not stay in the water, is this normal or is some of the data corrupt on my computer

Thanks
Stephen
Malamac

Postby paul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:44 pm

I've observed this a few times. I think it tends to happen when the fish jumps when there's tension on the line. I've had this happen in real life a time or two, but I can't honestly claim it's a clever simulator of that scenario. I'll see what I can do to keep the fish between the banks in an update.

Thanks for the report!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Pitti » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:07 am

Hello,

this doesn't work on WIN7, right?

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Postby paul » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:54 pm

My understanding is this build system makes apps that are only compatible with Windows 8 and 10.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Jersey Devil » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Just downloaded game on Windows 10. Seems to be working great. You mentioned something about mouse configuration? Wish I didn't have to use S and R buttons. Any alternatives? Also, how do I access the Clubhouse? Thanks Absolutely best ever fishing game. Oh Yeah, someone create a bog in the NJ Pine Barrens with big pickerel :)
Jersey Devil

Return to Real World Fly Fishing