Hi to all

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Postby diawlbach » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanksfor the advice. I am having some trouble locating and installing flies that I have downloaded. Would appreciate a crash course :oops:
I have managed to download a couple of outings and they work fine but somehow the flies that I downloaded isn't in the flybox of the simulator.

many thanks

Iwan :D
diawlbach

Postby Hitman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Same problem I'm having. I can see the flies that I've downloaded, but can't find my own :?
Hitman

Postby dcarp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:12 am

Hello and Welcome.

Here are a couple things you might check:

For downloaded flies: 1. make sure that the individual fly folders are placed in the C:\program files\pishtech\real world fly fishing\flies\ directory. In that directory you'll see lots of folders (directories) containing the fly images and data files. The game flies start with numbers, custom flies start with c0000_(name of fly).

For game created flies that you tie: A folder will be created in the c:\program files\pishtech\real world fly fishing\flies\ directory once you save the fly and name it. Like download flies, the folder will be named c0000_(what you named the fly). *IMPORTANT* Where it is located in the game "fly box" depends on how you categorized it when saving it!
For example: If you categorized it as a "Attracter Wet" it will show up in the "Misc Wet Flies" box, if you saved it as an "Adult Mayfly" it will show up in the "Mayfly Dries" box, etc. etc.

One other thing you might check is in the game "Options" to see if you are set to display all flies.

Tight Lines,

DCarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby nccorthu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:43 am

Welcome

This is bit redundant. But everything has its place in the list of directories under
C:\program files\pishtech\real world fly fishing\Fish...Flies...Sounds. etc.

You will find that there are New fish sounds and other things in the outings that people have posted. be sure to sort these out to the folder they should be in, otherwise you may miss something and possibly catch tin plates and not the new fish. That's if the outing doesn't break down.
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby Hitman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 am

I've checked all the directories and they are still not there. I dont know what the problem is. It's an odd one :?:
Hitman

welcome diawlbach

Postby William Feltham » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 am

welcome to the rwff forum what part off wales do you live in i am from neath there are some great outings in the rwff a lot off them have been made by rwff menbers to them i say thank you william.
William Feltham

Postby oppimax » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hi @All,

a little tip more:

ONLY FOR CUSTOM FLIES :!: :!: :!: - in the single fly directory there is a file called fly.def - you can open it using Notepad (launch notepad.exe) to see the parameters this fly has.

TYPE parameter shows wich kind of fly is and so you can know in wich fly-box, in the game, you'll find this fly (e.g. Type = Minnow means Streamers fly-box and so on).

TO BE USED CAREFULLY :!: :!: :!: - In the case TYPE is wrong you can change it using this list of types (it's the list of hatches used to make outings):

MAYFLY
MAYFLY_EMERGER
MAYFLY_NYMPH
CADDIS
CADDIS_LARVAE
MIDGE
MIDGE_EMERGER
MIDGE_LARVA
HOPPER
CRICKET
BEETLE
ANT
MINNOW
SCUD
CRAYFISH
STONEFLY
STONEFLY_NYMPH
WORM
LEECH
SPIDER
INCHWORM
LEAFHOPPER
MOUSE
MOSQUITO
MISC_FLOATER
MISC_SWIMMER
MISC_NYMPH
DAMSELFLY
DAMSELFLY_NYMPH
DROWNED_MAYFLY
DRAGONFLY_NYMPH
SCULPIN
EGG

Respect spaces and lines; save it with the same name and play RWFF. You should find your fly in the new fly-box. :wink:

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby diawlbach » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi William,

I'm only down the road from you, I live in Carmarthen. The river by you is a good river for Salmon and Sea Trout I believe? I agree that this simulator and forum is a very enjoyable experience - I'm slowly getting to grips to the technical side of downloading and add ons :oops: Will get there eventually :)

Thanks Massimo for the tip.

One question - when I download custom flies will it create a new flybox or just be added to the boxes already there?

Thanks

Iwan
diawlbach

Postby richwest » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Iwan,

You have to put the downloaded flies, completely in their own folder, as you mailed me yesterday, in the flies folder of the game.

The game puts the flies in the appropriate flybox.

If the box gets full, it adds a new box.

Regards Richard

By the way, i think you're doing very well on tying flies!
richwest

Postby diawlbach » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi Richard,

Thank you again for the advice - I'm getting there :lol:

I'll try and do some more flies soon and email you the results!

Kind Regards

Iwan
diawlbach

Postby Hitman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:47 pm

I should've welcomed diawlbach before, so welcome to the forum, it's nice to have new members.

Ended up finding my flies in the folder, I have Vista and had to click on the 'compatibility files' :roll:
Hitman

disapearing fly box

Postby enielson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey guys!

I tried to load one of Cutchs flie box's, I followed the directions in that zip folder, but now I have no box. The flies just hang in space.

Any one have any ideas? I've tried this twice, but it didn't work.

Thanks,
Erik
The worst day fishing's better then the best day working... But I'd rather have good days fishing.

Erik Nielson
www.kennebecdrifters.com
enielson

Postby richwest » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Erik,

You have to rename the handbox-file in the images-folder to e.g. handbox_old.bmp

Then copy the handbox which you want to use form the custom handbox-folder into the images-folder.

I use my own custom handbox and it works well.

You can download my custom handbox at next location:

http://rapidshare.de/files/38524246/handbox.bmp.html

Regards Richard
richwest

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing