New Jumping Alaskan Rainbow

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Jumping Alaskan Rainbow

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone:

Martin is on holiday and I have been quietly working on some new fish for your fish library. Hopefully you will be able to catch this beauty one of these days in one of Martin's, or my new outings. :P

I was always fascinated by the great Alaskan Rainbow Trout as they are legendary in their fighting and jumping abilities, not to mention the fact that these fish are absolutely beautiful when they dawn their spawning colors. The males will be brightly colored in red and green, while the females would be a bit less colorful. Just the opposite of us, the human beings.

I once knew a wealthy rancher in Montana who owned a beautiful wild trout stream and he imported some Alaskan Rainbows for his favorite stretch of water. He went up to Alaska, set up a test station consisting of erecting a barrier across one of the streams. He would only choose the fish that were able to jump over the barrier. This stretch of water is beautiful and full of fighting Rainbows trout and is a delight to fish on. Sorry I can't share the name or the location of this stream for obvious reasons. It was a lot of fun fishing there.

Without further ado here are some pictures of the newly created Jumping Alaskan Rainbow. Soon to come to a theater near you. :P

Image Image

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: New Jumping Alaskan Rainbow

Postby Cutch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 am

Wow, that's a beauty, Stanley :!:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing