Stanley's fish pond and the Jumping Chum Salmon

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Stanley's fish pond and the Jumping Chum Salmon

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi Everyone:

I hope you guys are having a nice weekend doing what you do and having a great time with your family. :lol: :lol: This weekend I am staying home to watch the exciting Ryder Cup golf tournament, and created a new fish for your future fishing pleasure. Below you will see a couple of pictures of the Jumping Chum Salmon. I chose this fish because of its jumping and fighter abilities, as well as for the brilliant color they put on during the spawning season. The maximum size for this fish is 44 inches!

If you clicked on this link you will see a rare video of "Stanley"s fish pond". This is the test outing where I test all the new fish for fish action, catchability, Jumping and jump height and I also test them with different size of tackle to make sure that the action comes out looking realistic in the fishing simulator. Actually fish building involves a lot of very precise work behind the scene, not to mention the time that it takes. It is fun for me to create them though. :P

YouTube Link to short video: https://youtu.be/vB4gRiW9AEE

Please click on "like" if you think the video is OK. It will bring more views and some publicity to our RWFF Forum. Thanks!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Stanley's fish pond and the Jumping Chum Salmon

Postby Cutch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:13 am

I watched your video, Stanley,...very cool.
I also like the new jumping Chum Salmon and your test pond.

Cutch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:36 am

Hi Cutch and Everyone:

Thanks for liking the short video and the new fish. I am cooking up a very nice outing for you guys. Should be available for your Christmas fishing pleasure. This outing will have all the great fighters and jumpers like the Alaskan Rainbow Trout, Coho Salmon (a favorite of Roger's), King Salmon and other great Alaskan fish. I have been testing the first few scenes of this outing and the fishing is spectacular. The setting will be the great Kenai River in Alaska! I will go about this slowly as I want to get the fish jumping action just right before I release it. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi Folks:

Here are a couple of caught pictures from the new outing featuring the great Jumping fish of Alaska. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Cutch » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:09 am

Wow, I'm excited about fishing your new outing, Stanley.
We'll be headed to Arizona about Dec 5th for the winter, that will
be a dandy Christmas present, thanks. :P
Cutch

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:38 am

Excellent job Stanley
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi Roger, Cutch and Everyone:

For the past week I have been struggling to set up a new Windows 7 custom built desktop computer. It is slim, fast with a SSD drive, and packs tons of memory and a decent Nvidia graphics card. I wanted the big one with two cooling fans but it wouldn't fit into the medium size tower case. Took a while to set it up and the last thing I did was to install RWFF into it. Everything started well until I opened the RWFF software. The frames were stuttering and skipping and everything slowed way down in the full screen mode. It works just fine in the reduce screen mode but not in the full screen mode. This has never happened to me before and I have installed the same RWFF software into MANY computers and laptops and they always ran like a train right from the box. To make a long story short (two days's worth, in fact) I am attributing this problem to the new graphics card as I have tried many installs into it and the software was copied off my two different computers and it would still do the same thing. I will take it into the shop tomorrow and put in a different graphics card and see if it would make any difference at all.

Now back to the fishing. Even though I was not able to run the software in full screen mode, I did some fishing on my test outing in the reduced mode and it was a lot of fun. The forthcoming Alaskan outing will be a bonaza for our Salmon lovers. It will have all different kinds of salmon in it. Including the Coho Salmon that Roger just loves. You will get both the stream run and the Sea Run version and they looked magnificent when jumping clear out of the water. I will go back to my main bread and butter computer and will try to finish this one before Christmas time. That will be my Christmas present for your guys. :lol:

My eyes are pretty tired after working on the computer all day long. I will keep you guys posted as the outing develops.

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi Stanley,
Definitely a fine job. Can't wait to hook into that one. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Cutch » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:34 am

Cutch