Another Rare Trout For Roger...the Sunapee Trout

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Another Rare Trout For Roger...the Sunapee Trout

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone:

Here is another rare trout for my good friend Roger...the Sunapee Trout (also known as the Blue Back Trout in smaller versions). This trout actually belongs to the Arctic Char family. These fish have been trapped in lakes after the great Glacial melt so they are predominantly a lake fish. These rare fish are found mostly in the lakes of the New England States and also in some Idaho Lakes. My late father-in-law and I used to go fishing for these "Blue Backs" in the Fall and I can attest to the fact that these are great tasting fish. Due to their limited geographic locations, the Sunapee and the Blue Backs are considered a rare species for most trout anglers.

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Sunapee Trout:

The maximum size for the Blue Back Trout is 14 inches. The Sunapee trout will grow to a maximum size of around 23 inches.

The area marked in Red Color are the fish habitats for the Sunapee and Blue Back Trout.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Another Rare Trout For Roger...the Sunapee Trout

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:23 am

Hi Stanley,
This one will be greatly appreciated also. Been working on some of the water movements like you suggested. I also have to work on putting the right species together in the separate sites, definitely don't want to put any species where they don't belong. All of the sites are pictures from different streams from all over the Western U.S, and these two new species will work out great. I've got the fish biting in each site now and have to adjust the jump rate so the smaller one don't dance on top of the water. Other then that it is coming along just fine. Thanks for all the tips and also for the new rare trout. I researched the Sunapee Trout and wanted it on my list but I thought it was only located out East. Now it's nice to know it can be included. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: Another Rare Trout For Roger...the Sunapee Trout

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Glad you liked the Sunapee Trout and will be able to included them in your Rare Trout outing. I will try to get those fish finished and encrypted so you can use them in your outing soon. :lol:

I have been working with the RWFF software for almost eight years now and I am still discovering things that you can do to make the outings better. Paul is a true genius and I can't wait to see what he will come up with in the new RWFF version. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing