RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Postby wim1234 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello all.

Amasing fun lil cute program this is.
I would like to thank the creators of extra content tho...really really amasing what has been put together.
Especially a guy called Scottish Warrior, ty very very much for these wonderfull outings you created, lotsa fun in the exotic locations.
Weird how this program escaped my radar..but so be it.

I do have a few questions...i run both the version with the strenght patch 1.32 and 1.42..(from Phistech site)
Can i assume the strenght patch has been added to 1.42?

Also, i have a flies file with over 700 flies.(from the clubhouse) ..now that would be way too many to install, but a bigger selection than what i have now would be very welcome.
Can anyone tell about how many flies can be installed wihout the program becoming slow? (Read a post mentioning that somewhere).
Or give some hints about a good selection, like about 3 or 4 boxes in every category?

I did met with some problems like missing items, but sofar managed to solve everything.
Luckily i do have some computerknowledge.

Greetings
wim1234

Re: New member

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:05 am

Welcome wim1234,
It seems like you have everything you need to fish all of the outings. The most important thing to have is all the fish files and all of the food files. If you are missing any of these you will come up with an error message when you try to fish an outing that you have the fish and food files missing. You really don't need all of the flies files. I have approximately 40 - 50 flies in my file. Most of the typical fly patterns you would use in real fly fishing would be good enough. I also have in my streamer files some minnow imitations and crawdad imitations. With that said you should be good to go. If you have any trouble someone is always around to help out. Hope this helps you out. My name is Roger (rwwalleye). We have a great group of people here from all over the world. Scottish Warrior has contributed a lot of outings for RWFF and Yellowstone has contributed a lot of new fish species especially his Jumping Fish. There are alot of other people who contribute also. Watch the forum for fishing contests. We just completed one in February. Hope you enjoy RWFF and sometime this year Paul the creator of this great fishing simulator will give us a new updated version. I hope I helped you in one way or another and definitely a big Welcome . Roger
PS if you downloaded the strength patch and your in the 142 version you are definitely good to go.
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing