A Little Tough but I Got It Done...Gallatin River Uploaded

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Little Tough but I Got It Done...Gallatin River Uploaded

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Everyone:

As promised I finished the C L Gallatin River outing for your fishing pleasure this weekend. Things were pretty routine and easy until I got to the point of encrypting the outing (which we, the outing makers, usually do before publication). Guess what? That darn encryption tool just refused to work even after I tried everything I knew. Hmmm......a corrupted encryption tool? I just don't know. :roll: :oops:

After a couple of hours of tearing my hair out and getting a little older, I finally decided to try the encryption tool in my backup copy of RWFF in disk "D". Upon firing that up the RWFF software again asked me to activate the software! (I thought I had it registered previously). So I had to go through the process of registering the RWFF software one more time. Fun! :cry:

Well, the good news is I was able to run, and encrypt the Gallatin River outing in my spare RWFF setup. then I cleaned it up and put it into a zip file and will upload it to the Development Forum for you to download and enjoy. I did try fishing the outing in both regular fishing and also the Challenge Mode and it seemed to work just fine. Most of you should have all the required fish and other files for this outing to work right away. If you are missing any fish or food files please send me a note and I will upload them for you here.

After spending all this time in trying to get the RWFF outing tool to work, my hat is off (once again!) to my good friend and fellow outing creator Martin for making so many error free outings, and also managing to do them in such a short time. For the outing to work at all, everything must be perfectly correct or you will get the corrupted install warning. Not sure if you had seen a recent picture of Martin or not? Maybe it is my imagination but he is losing a bit of hair and now I know why. I am quickly getting there myself if these problems kept up! :lol: :lol:

This is a YouTube video I made back in 2011 on the Gallatin River, MT. Please click on this link to see it.

https://youtu.be/EX7gWxiBkv0

Hope you will all have a great time fishing this outing. Some feed backs on it will be greatly appreciated. :P

Regards,

Stanley

PS. Maybe someone will do the Challenge Mode and put up some scores here for us to challenge?
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Little Tough but I Got It Done...Gallatin River Uploaded

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi All:

If you tried the Challenge Mode in the Gallatin River outing and it did not work, please go to the Development Forum and download the latest outing file I just put up there. For some reason the first file I uploaded the Challenge Mode did not work. Sorry for the inconvenience! M :oops: y Bad!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing