Better News...Got My Windows 7 working again!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Better News...Got My Windows 7 working again!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Everyone:

After working on the dead Windows 7 computer for three continuous days I finally managed to fix it. I put it through various heavy load stress tests and it lived. Needless to say I am quite happy to get all my current RWFF folders and files back. Those files represent hundreds, if not thousands of hour of work and I sure hate to lose them. The first priority of the day will be to do some extensive backup of those files to a safe location. A lesson well learned. :lol:

In the mean time, I did manage to get my new computer set up so I will use that for a backup computer. As most people will be migrating to the newer Windows 8 computer (or Windows 10) due to necessity rather than choice (e.g. the old Windows 7 machines just stop working), I think I will drop Paul a line and try to encourage him to update the RWFF software (including the fish and outing building tools) so that they would work with the new Windows 8, and the Windows 10 operating systems coming out this October. It will be a real shame to lose a great game such as RWFF due to incompatibility issues. :oops:

That is all from me for now. I have my fingers crossed and hope my Windows 7 would not die very soon. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Better News...Got My Windows 7 working again!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Buddy,
Sorry I have been a little quiet since my return but Family matters took over for a few days,
with a lot of traveling involved,but now back to normal.
I too have had a few blimps on my System where Windows Explorer was playing up and things were just not working as usual,
and it was taking Explorer a long time to Open Windows on Programs ,I just took it back to November where everything worked fine,
and all seems to be okay again,fingers crossed !! as I built an outing from New Zealand,All was Fine until I removed the Excess Files
before Zipping up,I always recheck that all is working but this one would not re-open saying that " Error No Caught Pictures Could Be Found
For The Specie Jumping Atlantic Salmon" so it would not work,I have removed Every File as It would not decrypt in the Outing Tool with all the Files Replaced
and will redo it completely and try again.
Thank you for keeping me in the loop about Paul's Advancement of RWFF,that is something to look forward too in the Future.
I hope All is Well with You and all Other Members,I shall try to fix that Outing and then Post some of those I have already Built in The Philippines,
They are From California,Bulgaria,Nova Scotia,Philippines,Mexico,Sweden and New Zealand,So I hope something for everyone.
Back to the Drawing Board,Will Keep In Touch,
Regards To All,
Tight Lines,
Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Return to Real World Fly Fishing