looks like i might be coming back

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

looks like i might be coming back

Postby Barns » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi All

After my complete system crash on vista, been working hard on trying to get some sort of system back up and running, low and behold finally tonight i have managed to get windows xp back up and running on pc.

Now all i have to do is start setting up RWFF and all the files again. I have lost everything I had created so will have to start from beginning.

Once that is up and running, i will try and get the fish folders set up again.

Thanks go to Stanley giving me the little push the other night on Facebook, tried what he suggested but no luck with that, so it was decide whether to over write hard drive or not. 3 nights of trying various set ups finally tonight something worked.

So over the next week or so I hope to get all files and games set up again.

All the best

Barns
Barns

Re: looks like i might be coming back

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Barns:

It was great taking to you via Facebook chat. Good to see you back in action again! :lol: RWFF is too great of a game to leave for too long. At least we know the RWFF and the fish and outing building tools will run on XP without problems, not so with the new Windows 8 machines. I hope Paul will give us some updates in the near future to allow the fish building tool to work on the newer machines as most users will be migrating to Windows 8, or the newer Windows 10 OS. If you need any help with the RWFF files please let me know. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi Stanley

Could you do me a favour and give me a download link for all food items you have. Tried tonight do do Martin's sound files but the usual my internet still as slow will not download taking something like 6 hrs gets to about 10% then just crashes.

Does the sounds really matter, outings should still play without the sound, the fish and food are more important are they not or is my brain not working.

Thanks

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:40 am

Hi Barns:

Here is a download link for the food file that you need. :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/734 ... 0Barns.zip

Not sure if the outings will work without the sound file or not, have not tried it personally. If you end up needing the sound files I will upload it for you. It is a 1.33 GB download so it might take you a while to do that. Please let me know.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 am

Stanley

Thanks for food file downloaded no problem. Another step further.

I know this is asking a lot, but could you give me the sounds in smaller download links. Just cannot download the huge file Martin created, internet just too slow.

Thanks

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:51 am

Hi Barns:

You are right, it will be a major undertaking to plit up and upload a 1.33 GB zip file, I tried to upload it to my Dropbox on my 8M line and it will take more than 4 hours. For you to download this over an uncertain and slow internet connection it will take you a couple of days, that is IF the line does not crash during the downloading.

I do have a better idea, as you won a prize in one of our recent Outing Challenges, I am going to send you this with the files already upload into it:

Once I get it done I will send it to your by Speed Post. It will take a few days to arrive, about as long as you would take for you to download the file over the slow internet. :P As it is weekend over here and my secretary is away on her two week holiday, I probably will not be able to do this until sometime next week. Just need to be patient, I guess.

Please let me know if you want to proceed with this. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Stanley

Yet again you are a life saver, while waiting on this arriving, i will get the rest set up ready. Might even go back to 2 outings i was working on before crash of pc. Luckily files were on laptop.

Sorry never replied earlier but couldn't get access to forum, said it was down for 2hrs maintenance, since Friday. Glad i checked in tonight.

Please go ahead with this, my internet cannot cope with these big files. That's why i did fish in alphabetical order, again hope to have this up and running again. I doubt i am the only person struggling with internet speed.

Once again thanks for your help.

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi Barns and Everyone:

The RWFF Forum was down for more than 24 hours so I wrote Paul and asked him about it. Paul responded right away (as always) and said for some reason the RWFF Forum was "disabled" so he turned it back on and also changed his Admin password just to be safe. I am sure not too many people here are aware of this but at least it is running again. :lol: The internet space can be a weird place these days!

I will download the sound file to the Flash drive and will send it to you sometime later this week. Hope it will arrive in a few days. I will ask one of he girls at the office to do it as Christine my secretary is on holiday for a couple of weeks. Please let me know once it arrived.

I am glad you still had some of the old files in your laptop and you didn't lose everything. That would be a real shame and also a pain! I do a weekly backup of everything RWFF on an external hard drive just in case something like this should every happen. Hate to lose literally thousands of hours of work because of a computer failure of sorts.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing