The Fat Lady Has Sung....we have two winners!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

The Fat Lady Has Sung....we have two winners!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:23 am

Hi Everyone:

Roger just wrote me and told me the Fat Lady has sung and we have two winners for the Tharthar Lake Challenge. Here are the tournament results.

For the highest score achieved in the Tharthar Lake Challenge....the Winner is...uhhh....me, STANLEY!

For the Biggest Fish Caught During the Challenge the winner is Jundrek, our esteemed member from Poland!

Here I will give myself a pat on the back for achieving the highest Challenge Score. I have not participated in tournaments for quite a while as I built most of the Challenge outings and am responsible for running most of them. However, Roger pointed out that I could participate in the tournament as the outing was built by Martin and I had nothing to do with building it, testing it or setting it up. I decided to accept Roger's challenge and see if I still have my touch at tournament fishing. As it turned out the Fishing Gods were smiling down on me and I ended up with a winning score. It proves that there is still a bit of fire inside of that old stove after all. :lol:

My congratulations to Badger and Jundrek for catching the largest fishing while doing the Challenge. Those were excellent fish species and being a true gentleman and good sportsman, Badger contacted Roger and disqualified himself because he had forgotten to make a screen capture of the biggest fish and failed to post it on the Forum as the rules required. I am really proud to be friends with people like that on our Forum. :lol:

As a result's of Badger's self-disqualification, Jundrek will be named to be the Winner of the biggest fish caught prize. Congratulations to our friend from Poland for achieving this fine goal.

Also I would like to thank Roger for being my valuable partner once again in setting up and running the tournament challenge. He did an excellent job in keeping all the scores up to date and our members really appreciate all the time and effort that you have put into this. Thanks Roger!

Last but not least, I would like to thank Martin for producing such a beautiful outing for our tournament Challenge. In my humble opinion this outing is one of Martin's very best and will become a classic in our RWFF outing archives. I am sure everyone had a great time fishing this Challenge as the fish species were very interesting (and BIG) and the scenes were exotic and beautiful done. A true work of Art by an outing making Master!

Now that the Challenge is over everyone can relax, put their feet up and enjoy fishing the other outings available in our Development Forum. Keep those great pictures and stories coming in as we will enjoy seeing them on our Forum.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: The Fat Lady Has Sung....we have two winners!

Postby Jyndrek » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:18 am

Hi All GENTLEMEN

Firstly thank you for creating this a great, an exciting of the competition ;
Martin for the beautiful, with huge in specimens of outing :P THX.
Stanley & Roger per commissioning and servicing of this this challenge :P THX.
ALL THE PARTICIPANTS per the excitement and sporty, clean the rivalry :P BIGG THX !!!
STANLEY CONGRATULATIONS PER YOUR VICTORY for scores - BRAVO
Roger and Stanley, friends I just can not agree on the final outcome.
Barry CONGRATULATIONS PER YOUR VICTORY for big fish - BRAVO

Therefore, please to take into account my post, on this issue , VERY, VERY ABOUT THIS PLEASE :P

Regards,

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Jyndrek and Everyone:

Thanks for your post and for being a real gentleman and good sport. Badger did catch the largest fish but he did not follow the tournament rules by posting both a caught picture and score line on the Forum and this disqualified his entry from tournament records. Rules are rules and they are important in running any kind of tournament, fishing or otherwise. Without rules there will be endless arguments and confusion so EVERYONE competing must follow them to the letter. This is the view of the VFFL committee and cannot be changed.

I fully appreciate your attitude and great sportsmanship but we must follow the rules. As your entry complies with the tournament rules your fish will be the biggest fish caught during the Tharthar Lake Challenge.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Jyndrek,
I just wanted to say your sportsmanship towards this challenge is most appreciated. We have a fine group of people here from all over the world, that get together to have a little fun. The rules were set in place for one specific reason and this would take care of any disputes. When I posted Badgers score on the big fish, I didn't check for the caught photo and Badger sent me an email requesting his fish be removed because of this mistake. Badger is a very fine sportsman and I really appreciated his email to let me know this. So this made Badger's fish illegal for competition. So by VFFL rules, Jyndrek you had the biggest legal fish by contest rules, so you are the winner for the biggest fish. We all appreciate your fine sportsmanship, as with everyone here we have a fine group of people. So by contest rules, we congratulate Stanley on the the high score and definitely and You Jyndrek The biggest fish.
It's been a lot of fun fishing this outing and I really enjoy keeping all scores for these challenges. Being able to communicate with friends from all around the world and get together to have a little fun in a friendly competition is worth it's weight in gold. Thanks again to everyone who participated and congratulations to Stanley and Jyndrek for high score and big fish respectfully. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Cutch » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Dandy Outing, challenging and fun. Congrat's to the
winners, It's great to fish with such a talented and
gracious group.
Cutch

Postby Boston Bob » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:47 am

Congrats go out to Stanley and Jyndrek for your outstanding fishing scores.

We had the most snow in the greater Boston area ever in the last seven day period.

In Watertown, Ma. we had snow falls of 26" and 18". That's a lot of snow blowing and shoveling.

We also had a little game in our corner of the World called the Super Bowl which is American football.
Well, my New England Patriots were the winners and that made four Super Bowl wins out of six
appearances in 14 years. So we are very proud of The Patriots.

Those two things kept me from competing more than I did.

My hat is off to all the participants. See you in the next tournament.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 am

Hi Bob and Everyone:

The big snow storm sweeping the Eastern part of the US is getting plenty of international media coverage. I hope you guys living there will stay warm and safe and have plenty of food and spare flashlight batteries in storage. A power outage can be deadly if unprepared.

Good news is Spring will be around the corner and the Robins will soon return. A couple more months to go and you guys will be out trying to catch some fish on opening day. :lol: We have been having pretty nice weather in these parts of the world and I am taking full advantage of it by being outside as much as I can.

Bob, I watched the last part of the Super Bowl and it was a dramatic win for the Patriots. You should be very proud of your home team. A great way to end the season!

I have been stay off intensive computer work (like outing and fish building) to rest my eyes per my eye Doctor's orders. After my eyes are rested up I will tackle a project suggested by Cutch, to build a Florida water outing with fairly large fish species. I will keep the intent of this outing secret and you guys can figure it out for yourselves when you fish this outing. It should be a good one! :lol: 8) :twisted: :twisted:

Take care, stay warm and keep those great posts coming on the Forum.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing