Smallmouth Bass In Three Different Flavors!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Smallmouth Bass In Three Different Flavors!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Everyone:

As many of you may know, pound for pound, the Smallmouth Bass is regarded to be one of the hardest fighting fish in many of our rivers and lakes. It is certainly one of the most used and loved fish in many of our RWFF outings. In an never ending effort to improve and to update our fish stock for RWFF outings, tonight I created the Jumping Smallmouth 2 for your fishing pleasure. :lol:

Below you will see three different versions of the Smallmouth Bass. The first version was the original version included with the RWFF software. It was well rendered but the profile of the fish was a little too thin and the fins did not protrude from the body of the fish. Nowadays with the fish jumping clear out of the water, it becomes even more important to get the fish to look right. The second version was my first Jumping Smallmouth Bass. It has a stronger looking body with decent coloration. The one that I created tonight (Jumping Smallmouth 2) has a slightly different coloration to the body and showed more of the typical markings on a Smallmouth. This fish should show up really well in a jumping scenario. It will be up to our outing makers to choose the "right fish" for his outings in order to achieve the kind of effect that he wants. Now at least we have three choices. :P

Image THIS IS THE ORIGINAL FISH INCLUDED WITH RWFF SOFTWARE

Image THIS IS THE JUMPING SMALLMOUTH BASS

Image THIS IS THE JUMPING SMALLMOUTH BASS 2

I hope you will have a great time catching one of these in our RWFF outings. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Smallmouth Bass In Three Different Flavors!

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent job on your part. The Smallmouth Bass does come with different colorations, depending especially on the climate of an area or the depth the fish is caught at. I've caught the different colorations right here in Monticello in the same day. One might have been caught in 3 foot of water by a bridge piling and another caught in about 15 feet of water. Another excellent job on your part, for sure. Another great addition to the ever changing world of RWFF. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby wyldechylde77 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 pm

This. This, sir, makes me SALIVATE! :lol: BEAUTIFUL job Stanley!! I cannot wait to use it in an outing! I've caught light and brightly colored Smallies like that, darker ones, Smallies without much patterning, brownish ones (called Bronzebacks), and is a personal favorite fish of mine to catch!! In fact, I was just out on Lake Erie this morning with my cousin fishing for Smallmouth Bass. I'll post the pics tomorrow though, as I'm exhausted! Smallies are such strong fighters, big ones are even more of a battle!!
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Roger, Chuck and Everyone:

Glad you guys like the new Smallmouth Bass and many thanks for your kind comments on the new fish. Makes burning the midnight oil worthwhile. :lol: I am now in the process of looking for some caught pictures. I know Chuck has quite a few good ones in stock so it would be great if you could send me some of your Smallmouth pictures and I can use them in the new Smallmouth fish folder. The lazy way would be to use the existing caught pictures that I have for the other Jumping Smallmouth but I really like to add some personal touch to our fish files. So if either one of you have good pictures of the Smallmouth please send them to me. Pictures of you guys holding the fish would be great! :lol:

Out in the Northwest where I used to live, we had some good Smallmouth fishing on the Snake River and in the Missouri River but they are not as prevalent as in the Eastern States. You guys are literally living in Smallmouth paradise and I envy you. As Chuck has found out, the Smallmouth is a great game fish on a flyrod.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Cutch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 pm

I like those 3 versions, good job, Stanley.
Cutch

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Here ya go, guys. Enjoy: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5616
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

What a great day fishing for Smallmouth Bass!! Envy, envy. I really like some of those pictures too. I will use some of them as caught pictures in the new Jumping Smallmouth fish folder.Thanks for a great post! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Cutch » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Great pictures, Chuck, looks like you guys had a great time. If you hadn't gotten hungry,
you could have fished even more. LOL!
Cutch

Postby Jyndrek » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi Stanley , Hi Everyone ;

Admiring the effect of FOR YOUR working, I very much regret that those fishes do not occur in Polish waters. I I look forward to the new outing with JUMPING Smallmouth Bass 2 primarily role. :P

Regards GENTLEMEN ;

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Return to Real World Fly Fishing