Adams River, BC...STILL a stunner

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Adams River, BC...STILL a stunner

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey all,

Been messin around with RWFF ever since I got a computer again. As I was thinking about outings, I immediately thought to myself, "You know, I haven't played my Adams River, British Columbia outing in AGES". So, I re-downloaded my own outing and set off on to tackle the running Sockeye Salmon. I don't wanna pat myself on the back, but wow does this outing STILL get my blood pumping! Was doing very well throwing some dry flies at the Sockeyes, until my brother called to go out and I had to close my session. I still remember what a fun tournament this was, with quite a few lead changes. A few pics:

MY catch list, though interrupted LOL:

Fish: 28.13 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon M from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: IKYDFXHUZZOF0040KUBNNSCRQDAUOFLSAAYCYASPWAJEWBSLGVRNGKFPFWCCI
Fish: 24.64 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: VYQHAKOHWYRM8308FRIZUQSGCQNKOHJFDFNQWNOYAYWYINKHCVFDZSNTYKTDC
Fish: 24.91 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon M from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: OSYZJNTQYZAQ8951HSZMKUETRQAVIXPWRGFXOHDKYMXKRTAONXDFKMVUVQILE
Fish: 22.30 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon M from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: NEZUDYGGWUZR6464NQXJBJISGKSBTVTCQRNEPSEQSBTWYJOESGZURYFOHHLTS
Fish: 30.08 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: TJILGWAJVNUZ0661FKNHRDXCKWIBXXOIKPCIQROXOWXLJNKISUFOAFJNFKWHJ
Fish: 26.88 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: HXIPWGDZZQPG6655HFHIGJPCTKYIVMFTZVQZFJESXGTPZGDRAOKYRDDLFTVUG
Fish: 17.90 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon M from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: AEATWKEVHUVG1691OROYGEWZDJZHVRVSFRSCXMNAOAWMMSVUFKAEOQJHVHGEM
Fish: 22.70 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: OCRGQFXBNXKS0832HYQGWDNMXWWIYGSAKLWUGIWRKBXMLKHUBCQSBKHJEEYTZ
Fish: 25.74 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: CPHXLYZMPZJH7634ISEMFZGFVQMYOZOORRICHJURTHKOPDQMNHNSIHTWQHBMU
Fish: 19.80 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon M from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: RKGRFRAZUDJV0123MXUNDPCGFDPFPEIPQVRUKDDGIFGERPMDDNSTDUSREZEQT
Fish: 29.64 inch Jumping Sockeye Salmon F from Adams River, British Columbia; Code: DNZIYFQZHYTK9072CSXASTKZEDRNBKFMLSRTYIMLLHOFDEJUVDLQATDZKKSSC

Should any of our new guys be interested in checking out this outing, here is the DL link. It has everything you need: The Adams River, BC outing (goes in "outing" folder), the Fish in the outing (Only two! They go in the "fish" folder) and the food files (they go in the "food" folder): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/450 ... C%20BC.zip

I recommend using a 6wt rod and a 3x or 4x leader in order to get the most out of these Sockeyes. Above all, enjoy yourselves as much as we did last year! :D
wyldechylde77

Re: Adams River, BC...STILL a stunner

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

Yup, that was one of the best outings that we have on RWFF. We used this unique outing for one of our RWFF tournaments and the competition was very exciting. For our new member's information, Chuck came up with the idea of the spawning fish outing and I built a male and female Sockeye Salmon for this outing and the effect was very good indeed. :lol:

Here you see the Male and Female Salmon that we used in this great little outing:

If you have not fished this outing before I would strongly urge you to give it a try! I think you will find it very exciting. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing