Hello again

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Hello again

Postby barrycuda » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 am

Hi folks, after building my new super fast PC, I have finally installed RWWf again:)

Great to see some familiar names from when I first had this software as well as new ones.
Stanley and I have had many discussions in the past, and I look forward to many more.

So I have managed to find the sounds, flies & food files, but not all the links to download species appear to be working, more than likely a problem my end, but looking for a number of different species, Mirror carp and American eel specifically.

Am I missing a post somewhere to download all the newer species perhaps?

(I have downloaded all those from the clubhouse)

Thanks in anticipation
barrycuda

Re: Hello again

Postby da3mon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Barrycuda
All the fish you can download the files via this link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5058

Best Regards
Wojtek(da3mon)
da3mon

Postby barrycuda » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 am

Thank you Wojtek, much appreciated :)
barrycuda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi Barrycuda:

A BIG WELCOME back from all of us here. Yes, it has been a long time since you were last on the Forum. :P Guess what? RWFF has improved by leaps and bounces since the last time you were here, with many more new and interesting features, new fish, tons of new outings and most importantly, some very fantastic members who all love the game and helped it better and more interesting for everyone. You came back at a very good time indeed.

To fully enjoy all the new features in the game you will need to update to V.133. This is the stable version and will work with all the outings created with the latest developer versions.(e.g. V.140 and later) With Paul's new updated codes and lines now we can control how the fish would behave in the outings. This all made the game a lot more realistic and lifelike.

The old Club House has not been updated for more than two years now but you can download all the new outings and files right here on the Development Forum. If you run into any trouble installing any of the outings please give us a yell and someone will be around 24/7 to help you with technical issues. :lol:

Have fun and we hope to see you on the Forum again soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby barrycuda » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello Stanley,

Yes, there have been a lot more outings to choose from these days, for now I have a handful to be getting on with, also I notice the number of species catch has increased considerably!

Before installing the game again, I went through the forum, making sure I had the latest update ready to install also.

I see that both you and Martin have been prolific outing creators, just as I recall, I have chosen some of Martin's English river outings, and will be selecting a few of yours Stanley.
Any outing in particular that I MUST have? :)

Thanks again for the welcome, I look forward to keeping you updated with my progress :)
barrycuda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:43 pm

HI Barrycuda:

There are so many outings to choose from these days that it is mind boggling. Martin is our real prolific outing maker. He has reached 1500 outings a while ago and this is a real benchmark of sorts. I produce maybe half a dozen outings per year and some of them are not published. If you like trout fishing on a very pretty small stream with light rod and leaders you can try my "Nelson Spring Creek" outing which was used for our most recent tournament challenges. Members who have tried it thought it was pretty good fishing. In this outing you will see the fish jumping and breaking water like they should in nature when fighting.

Lately I have been enjoying building new fish species, and improving on the old ones for our outing makers to use in our great game. Some of the old ones in the Club House needed updating, and there are also new ones that I would like to have in our fish library. For me it is a lot of fun to do. :lol:

Give our new outings a try and let us know what you think. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby barrycuda » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks Stanley for the Nelson Creek tip, I do like the smaller fish venues with light tackle, if you have any more outings along those lines, I will be happy to give them a go.

Hopefully this time around, I will get into making an outing or two, the River Exe in Exeter is my local river / canal, with some lovely scenery.
I remember posting a couple of fly creations previously but intend making more.
Much reading up on all counts before I begin though :)
barrycuda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Barrycuda:

If you are interested in building some custom outings I have a 4 part YouTube video uploaded on how to get going to build your own outings. You can watch the first video via this link. You might find the information within these videos useful. :lol:

http://youtu.be/knwRP1XQGHY

The outing building tutorial in the Club House (by Pitti) is also excellent but some of the recommended software are either no longer available or out of date. We have quite a few great outing builders on the Forum right now (including our two new members from Poland, Jyndrek and Wojtek). If you need any help someone is around to help you 24/7. The streams in your area sounds really good. It will be fun to visit your area and share some of your fishing experience with you.

If you like small stream outings with great looking fish I would recommend my "Silver Creek Collector's Edition" for you to try. Originally this outing was uploaded at Fileden and they are no longer in business so the old Development Forum download link will not work anymore. I have just uploaded a copy of this outing on my Dropbox and you can download this outing via this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97ft9f1qabc1y ... or%27s.zip

If you already have all the current fish, food and sound files in your RWFF install this outing should work without any problems. The Silver Creek in Idaho, along with the Nelson Spring Creek in Montana, are two of my all time Spring Creek streams in the US and I have spend a lot of time fishing both of these streams when I lived there.

Good luck and let us know how you liked these outings.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby barrycuda » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you Stanley for the venue link, I will try to fish it later but more than likely later in the week.

I will watch the outing creating videos with interest, it is something I am keen to do, but I am the sort of person that likes to fully understand how to do something before jumping in feet first.

I have been fishing in easy mode the first few days, just to get used to everything again, all catches I post here will be in experienced mode :)

Thanks again for your advice Stanley.
barrycuda

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Barrycuda:

Outing building can be a lot of fun and very addictive at the same time. Between the outing building tutorial in the Club House and my 4 part video we should have almost everything covered. There are still some minor details that may not be in there but give us a yell and everybody will pitch in to help you if you run into problems. :P

You should fish in Experience Mode as it is closer to Expert Mode. The fish are still willing but the retrieving action is better. I personally find it harder to land a fish in Beginner Mode than Experience Mode. You will enjoy fishing the Silver Creek in Experienced Mode more than Expert Mode as the fish are set up to take only certain flies in some of the scenes and this phenomena is magnified in Expert Mode. Good luck and have fun! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby barrycuda » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 am

Stanley, I can assure you that beginner mode was used only to test I had installed everything correctly....now on experienced :)
barrycuda

Return to Real World Fly Fishing