New Fishing With Kids Now uploaded

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Fishing With Kids Now uploaded

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone:

I have just uploaded the A Day Fishing With Kids outing in the Development Forum. I hope you guys will download it and give it a try. Some feed back and comments on the Forum will be welcome. :P

You will have more fun if you use ultra light tackle when fishing this outing. I recommended a 4wt rod and 5 or 6 leader for realism.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: New Fishing With Kids Now uploaded

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 am

Hi Stanley,

Good news and bad news. Good news, I'm borrowing my brothers laptop right now, checkin how it works as he might sell it to me! Is there finally a light at the end of the tunnel? :lol: Anyway, one of the first things I did was install RWFF. Holy god, I've missed this darn game!! Fished a few outings, and came here and found your new outing ready to go. Unfortunately, when I go to play it I get the error "cannot load site 01 definition". I checked everything I know of, I have all the fish, I am patched to V 1.40 (might go back to 1.33 though since I don't know if the Outing creator works with 1.40, at least the Outing tool I have). Did you maybe add in a fly that I possibly don't have? Still, can you check the outing please? Thank you buddy
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

Houston control here. I hear you have a problem. Follow these instructions and we will get you home safe and in time for dinner with your loved ones. :lol:

Seriously, I am glad you got your hands on a computer again and your are BACK! Now let's see if we can get you going on the "A Day Fishing With the Kids" outing.

OK, first V.133 is the stable version and recommended for the general user, however, since you are a developer of outings I would recommend you upgrade to V.140 with all the latest patches. When you have V.140 you can use many of the new settings that Paul gave us when you create outings. Some of those setting are pretty cool as you will see in the forthcoming "A Day Fishing With the Big Boys." :lol:

Since you are starting to set up your RWFF in your new computer, there are tons of files that you will need to download all over again. It is easy to miss some of them. My guess would be you are missing the Emerald Shiner which is a new food item. For your convenience and others I have packaged up the food files for "A Day Fishing With the Kids" to save you some trouble shooting. You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvtcguygm4odj ... outing.zip

If you are still having problems, start the RWFF software (V.133 OR later version) and let it do the file verification automatically. This function is triggered when the software detects a problem in your files. Then you go to the "content_errors.txt" in the main folder and you will see what is missing from your install that prevents your outing from working.

This is how I test my own outings for faults and mistakes before I publish them on the Development Forum. To make sure that my uploaded version of the outing is OK. I downloaded it via the RWFF Development Forum link, and put the outing file into my outing folder. This way I will have the same version that everybody is downloading on the Forum. If it opens up just fine, then the outing is OK. I think downloading and installing the "food" files will solve your problems for you. If not, if Houston a yell again! :lol:

Have a good time catching all the beautiful pan fish and Bass. Would like to hear your comments on this one.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Ah, darn it you just might be right. Remember when I made the Emerald Shiner last year? Hahaha, I think I forgot to load it.
Wait a minute. No that cannot be it because I played my Niagara River outing last night and that contains the Emerald Shiner. Hmmm. Ok, will download and see what you have in this .zip file, maybe I am missin something instead of the Emerald Shiner. Will let you know soon bud
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing