A Better Giant Wolf Fish!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Better Giant Wolf Fish!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Everyone:

Here is a progress report on the pending "Rio Panara" outing. Tonight I spent nearly three hours trying to rebuild the Giant Wolf Fish as I was not satisfied with the original one. I detected some problems with it when the fish jumps clear out of the water when it is hooked. It looked pretty exciting but something was not quite right. The original profile looked OK but there was just a hint of blue color on its belly and this really showed up when the fish was jumping out of the water. For some unknown reason the pixels get even more exaggerated when the jump height parameters are used.

You might ask, why does it matter? You see in the old days (before the jumping fish) one could get away with a pair of white eyes on a wooden log and call it a fish as the fish are seldom seen by the RWFF fisherman, at least not until it nears your feet and ready to be netted. With the addition of the jumping fish one can see the fish while the fisherman is fighting the fish throughout the entire fight. Now we have managed to get the fish to jump even higher, sometimes clearing the water surface, the appearance of the fish becomes very important in maintaining a degree of realism. A dark brown fish with a blue belly was too much for my own standard of tolerance. :lol:

So gentlemen, in order to bring you a good fishing experience I thought it was worth going the extra mile, and take the effort to make it look right. Catching the darn thing is your business, but making it look right is mine! I hope you will like the results.

Here are some pictures of the original and the remake Giant Wolf Fish. I thought it looked a lot better when the fish was jumping out of the water without a blue belly. :lol:

Original Fish

Remade Fish:

The result!

Now that I have got that done I feel a lot better and am heading off to bed!

Regards,

Stanley

PS. I have been playing around with the Fighting Speed (fish) parameters and it looks very promising. I just need to experiment more to come up with the right set of numbers. This setting speeds up the fish speed when it is fighting and to me it looked a lot more realistic for the speedier and more energetic fish like the Golden Dorado and the Giant Wolf Fish which are known for their power and speed.
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Better Giant Wolf Fish!

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi Stanley,
Well it looks like you being very particular is paying off. The fish looks excellent and the one jumping out of the water looks excellent. Will be interesting to see when your outing is finally released. Keep up the good work I know the dividends will pay off in the long run. Doing more research on your fish and will release maybe later tonight. Good luck and don't stay up to late, you know doctor's orders. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing