Redfish2 (Finally) Finished For Joe!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Redfish2 (Finally) Finished For Joe!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Joe and Everyone:

One thing that Paul didn't tell you about our RWFF software is that if you work enough with it, you won't go senile! :P I wrecked my brain tonight trying to figure out what happened to my original copy of Redfish2 which I finished a long time ago on my old computer. It took me almost three hours to get the fish to work and I had to juggle a lot of files around to fix it. Apparently something got lost in the transition between my old computer and the new one. None of the jpg files were transferred into the new Redfish2 folder. This is the neat thing about RWFF, it has many quirks but it is a great and robust program (thanks to Paul's genius) and it is hard to break. However, to build a fish or an outing one has to be VERY precise with all the files, typed words, etc. One misspelled word, a misplaced folder, or even a careless missing space will render the fish file, or the outing useless. I felt like Sherlock Holmes tonight after I finally fixed it. Was it frustrating? Yes! Was it fun? ABSOLUTELY!! :lol: :lol:

Like I said, it has been a long night but here it is, the great iconic Redfish. This fish grows to a maximum size of 61 inches which is very respectable. Here are some pictures of the new Redfish2:

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/734 ... dfish2.zip

Have lots of fun catching this fish in one of Joe's new outings! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Redfish2 (Finally) Finished For Joe!

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent job. Everyone should have fun catching this one. I suppose by the time you were done you started seeing one big black spot before your eyes. Thanks again for all your hard work another group of species for Barns to update on the forum. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: Redfish2 (Finally) Finished For Joe!

Postby FlyManJoe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi Stanley,

I know were you come from with the computer transition. I'm still getting used to windows 8, anyway great work on this fish. And Like Roger said I think everyone will enjoy this fish.
FlyManJoe

Return to Real World Fly Fishing