In the works: RWFF for iOS and Android

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

In the works: RWFF for iOS and Android

Postby paul » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey, folks. Long time since I've checked in here. I just wanted to let you know I'm currently porting RWFF to mobile devices. The mobile version will be somewhat simplified in order to run well on iPads, iPhones and Android devices, but the fishing should look and feel very similar. So far I'm working with one outing, have the scenery and flow working, all the original fish, food and flies modified as needed, and the physics and graphics for the rod. I'm working on the line physics now. It's going slower than I'd like, largely because I'm working with only my left hand due to a fall on the ice. Still, it's coming along well. I can't promise any particular release date, but hopefully before June barring any additional setbacks.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: In the works: RWFF for iOS and Android

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Paul,
Sounds like you've been working really hard on your project and that should make RWFF more available to alot of other people. Hope everything goes well. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Boston Bob » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey Paul: Nice to hear from you. I hope your hand gets better soon.
Good luck on your mobile version of RWFF.

Best regards,
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi Paul:

Good to hear you are coming along with the mobile RWFF App. This should bring lots of new users and may even generate more business for the regular desktop RWFF software. OUCH! Bad to hear you hurt your right hand. However, since you are a professional juggler you should be equally good with your left hand. :lol: It might slow you down a little but I am sure you will come up with a beautiful solution for the RWFF mobile App. Can't wait to try it out on my smart phone and tablet. :lol:

I heard on the news that some severe Winter storms are heading your way. I hope it doesn't affect your area too badly. Stay warm and safe!

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing