Very Quiet Forum

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Very Quiet Forum

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi All,
I have been having a little chat with Stanley via e-mail and we have both come to the same conclusion,
We both visit the Forum Daily and see members have Logged In,as many as 10 at one time,yet nothing is Posted,
This is very disheartening as we have both strived to keep this Forum Alive and as interesting as is possible,
We now need your help,or this Forum will die,and I know for me it seems a waste of my time building Outings,
and for Stanley a waste of time building New Species to put in these or any other Outings,and this is a great shame.
Over the last 3 years we and others have tried our best to give you something you cannot get anywhere else in the Virtual Fly Fishing World,
and even though my first attempts were dismal,I have learned what is required to make a good outing,and hope I have fulfilled This,
without going to the extremes of difficulty which other Outing makers do,so that All Species in the Outings are Catchable and Landable,
to those who are both Novice or Expert in thier approach to the Game.
Please help us keep this Forum alive BY AT LEAST COMMENTING ON OUTINGS OR NEW SPECIES, which take hours to make and are given freely,TO ALL MEMBERS.
I know Stanley has New Species in his locker,as I have over 18 Outings in my locker which include his NEW SPECIES,
I have searched for locations all over the World for Stanley's Bull Shark and Julian Golden Carp,Other Outing Locations using Brian's Hogfish,
these are all ready for posting,but sit on my desk as NO INTEREST AT ALL IS FORTHCOMING ON THE FORUM.
I MAY POST THEM AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL FOR THE FESTIVE SEASON OR AS A GOODBYE GIFT AND JUST LET THE FORUM DIE,
BUT AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, SADLY,I AM AFRAID THE LATTER MAY BE THE TRUTH.
Tight Lines to All,
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: Very Quiet Forum

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi All,
Sorry that I haven't been to active but computer problems are with me for a while, having to us my mothers computer. Mother board is bad on one computer and video card is bad on the other, the problem with this is the video card is built in with the motherboard. Things will hopefully be better for next year. Hope everyone's health is good. Will post again later.
Roger (Rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Barns » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Martin and all

Not been good year for me , so busy this year with work, even my real fishing has suffered with only 6 days fishing. Out of that won 1 trophy and lost a salmon. Hopefully in the next week or so i will get a 2 week break and give me a chance to get back into RWFF.

I met up with Doc and we had a days fishing, he tells me he is catching well, not bad for someone who had never fly fished before. I cannot even get a chance to speak with him. Just seems to be work, work work.

Hopefully it will calm down shortly, and i will be back on forum over xmas.

Keep up the good work, it will not go to waste.

Barns
Barns

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi guys,

I, too, as you know am without a computer currently, plus I work a lot being a single man. No computer = cannot exactly contribute besides my RL fishing exploits. With the winter weather well upon me (we currently have 3ft of snow here in Buffalo), even the steelhead don't wanna move LOL. But I try as I may, I check this forum everyday for something to be posted or even a post on some of my own threads. Its tough to keep your enthusiasm when no one shows interest. I love this game to death, and really do not wanna see it die off. I tried my ass off early in the year to generate some serious interest, and even got a few, until my computer problems started. I know I will not be able to afford a new computer for quite a while, so I am left here writing from my phone. I'm a hard-ass, and refuse to let the forum die, but if it comes to that, I hope that you guys will remain in touch via email or whatever. I REALLY enjoyed the camaraderie even more than the game itself. You guys even pushed the hell out of me to get into fly fishing for real, and now I have taken that step, own 2 nice rods (plan on getting more), and have even started to tie my own flies. Might not have ever done that without you guys. I wish I could contribute more to the game, or at least try out the new outings that come out so I could leave feedback, but it is impossible for me at this point. If the forum dies, hopefully we can keep the game's spirit alive just between us guys, sending each other outings, fish files, all that. But most of all, I hope we all stay in regular contact.
wyldechylde77

Postby Doc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Guys

Way back in July after I corresponded with Paul several times, providing info to help see where the game was losing fish and to help him find out where, he produced an update (version 1.40), and after final info from me he produced a later update, asking me to check it out and let him know the results before he posted it in the forum. It performed extremely well and solved virtually everything, so I let him know the good news. I've not had any contact with him since and the update does not seem to have been released, so here it is - assuming it is still there - if not then please let me know and I will find a way of getting it to you.

http://www.pishtech.com/update_141.zip

On a personal note, yes Barns did travel all the way down from Scotland to Chester with his lovely wife and he did give me a long session to start me fly fishing. Two days before, unfortunately, my left shoulder froze so I ended up fishing right-handed for the day lol!!! I'm fairly ambi-dextrous so it wasn't too hard. Many thanks to Brian for that, it was a great day and I was hooked (it took incredible patience from Brian as I was pretty pathetic). Within a week I had my own gear and I usually manage a couple of 4 hour sessions a week, even in the cold and rain sometimes.

I'm also making my own flies (the game helped there, I had some idea of was it was all about, plus a load of helpful youtube vids). My latest is a cat's whisker with mixed black and white maribou to try to simulate a dark and a light lure at the same time, so useful in any kind of light conditions - seems to be working well so far, and we all have to start somewhere.

Time is precious and what with all the bridge competitions we play in, my real life fishing, etc. etc. etc. there is no time in the day. I keep looking into these forums, it's sad to see so little participation for such a great game. I feel a real opportunity has been missed somewhere along the line. Another time, probably another lifetime lol, I would have thrown myself into this and tried to help but there just isn't the time for 'yet another major interest' - my wife has been extremely patient for over 40 years - she's long overdue my time being more in her direction although she never says so :)

I'll keep looking in - and play the game when I get chance. I hope the 1.41 version works well for you all - just checked and the download is still there.

Have a great Christmas and hope the New Year brings you all you would wish for you and yours,
And Brian, we'll definitely get together over Christmas mate :)

Doc
Doc

Postby badger040 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:58 pm

hi guys
what a hectic year this was
like Barns i have been up to my neck with work,not a bad thing,but it has limited my time on RWFF
back to Ireland this holiday time,yes more work on my mates house,,,inside as all the roof work has been completed
hopefully i will have some time to myself to have a go at some of the latest outings
i know what its like not to have a computer up and running so i can sympathize with you
i would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a
HAPPY XMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
maybe next year i will be able to create a couple of outings myself from the pictures i have of the Noire river i took in the summer
my quest for the Tiger Trout a few weeks back was a dismal failure
they may have put 1 or 2 fish in the waters but not enough in numbers to have a real chance of catching 1
best regards to all
Badger040
badger040

Return to Real World Fly Fishing