Bad News! Chuck Will Be Offline For A While!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Bad News! Chuck Will Be Offline For A While!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Everyone:

I just got a short email message from Chuck and the news is not good. Somehow Chuck injured his left arm below the elbow while at work and the resulting deep gash required six stitches to close it up. Needless to say he is in great pain and cannot work his fishing rods or computer. He asked me to put a short post on this Forum and assured everyone that he still loves the RWFF game has no intention of quitting. He will just be offline for a while while his arm is healing. His vintage HP computer has not been working well either so this will make doing things with RWFF even more difficult. I am sure Chuck will get everything sorted out soon and will be back on the Forum in the near future. In the meantime, we will miss his contributions, great postings and real life fishing stories in the Fishing section.

Get well soon, Chuck. We will still be here when you are ready to get back into the pack! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Bad News! Chuck Will Be Offline For A While!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 am

Hi Chuck,
Sorry to read about your injury,get Well Soon,You will be missed.
Cheers Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: Bad News! Chuck Will Be Offline For A While!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Stanley, Martin, and everyone,

Thanks for the concern and well wishes. The arm will heal, it's just a pretty deep gash in the inside forearm/elbow area. More uncomfortable than anything really. It is healing nicely though. Just really sucks because I am left-handed, an of course the gash happens to be on my left arm. I also cast with my left arm, so fishing this weekend was not going to happen. Was really looking forward to getting some more work with the fly rod. Oh well, will just have to wait another week :( My main problem is the fact that my computer is dying. I knew eventually it would be coming; have had it and in heavy usage since 2007. Biggest issue is that I don't have the money for repairs or a new computer, so when it does go it'll be a while before I can get a new one. I've already started saving for it. I didn't want to start on any new outings or anything because I don't know how much longer the computer will last and I don't wanna run the risk of having it shut down while working on something, potentially losing everything. I may not actually be able to play RWFF, but I always have my phone here to keep the RL fishing stories and pics coming, and can still participate in Forum Discussions and give ideas. I look at that as the bright side of a dark time. You guys still keep things goin now! Stanley and Martin are really crankin' out some great work, fish species and outing-wise! Please, download as much of thier work as possible and play the outings when there is time. And post results! A good forum is a forum that shows activity! (And will keep me jealous that I cannot play it LOL)
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing