Chuck's First Largemouth Bass on a flyrod!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Chuck's First Largemouth Bass on a flyrod!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Everyone:

A while ago Chuck, already a great spinning and bait cast fisherman, got himself a flyrod and was training himself on fly casting and was determined to catch his first fish on a flyrod. I am glad to report that he did it after several tries! He caught not just one fish, but several nice Largemouth Bass while flyfishing and you can read about his flyfishing saga via this link in the "Fishing" thread. A very interesting story to read indeed.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5265

My hearty congratulations to Chuck for his nice Largemouth Bass on a flyrod! :lol: Told you the bass would jump when hooked, didn't I. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Chuck's First Largemouth Bass on a flyrod!!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 am

Hi Stanley,

Oh, you'd better believe they jumped like nuts! EVen the little guys that I didn't get pics of suddenly became high-flying experts LOL! I didn't expect anything less though, as Largemouth Bass are known jumpers. Although, the difference with using a flyrod to fight them as opposed to a spinning or baitcasting rod is that the fight lasts much longer, thus giving the bass even more time to pull off some serious acrobatics! Can't even begin to tell you guys how much I enjoyed myself. It was like a whole new door opening up after I figured out exactly what to do to get these guys to bite!
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing