A beautiful Spawning Brook Trout Male for you!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A beautiful Spawning Brook Trout Male for you!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone:

The fish factory has been busy and churning out some nice fish during the quiet time on the Forum. I just built a colorful Spawning Brook Trout and this should go well with the spawning scheme that Chuck is working on. Here are some pictures of the new fish. According to Wikipedia the Brook Trout can grow to a maximum size of 33 inches with the average around 10-26 inches. Maybe you will be able to catch a trophy Brookie in one of the forthcoming outings?

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A beautiful Spawning Brook Trout Male for you!

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:54 am

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent fish, looks good enough to fillet and throw in the frying pan. Another excellent addition to the other numerous additions to this great simulator. A job well done. Still working on my outing tinkering with a few things and even though I'm updated to 140 version my fish still disappear even after adjusting the depths of the sites. Will keep working at it and hope to release soon. Thanks again for all the new fish.
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Roger:

Glad you liked the new fish. I just got it swimming in my test outing and it looks terrific in the water. Re the disappearing fish. After you upgraded to V.140 you still need to input this line either in your outing.def or site folder to prevent the fish from disappearing in your scenes.

KEEP CRUISING FISH CLOSE = TRUE

Please try that and let me know if it works for you or not.

The V.140 incorporated all the updates since V.133 which include such great features as the ability to control the fish jump rate, jump height and other parameters. I have been working on a very special outing and the jumping fish looked great in some of the scenes. I will keep this one under my hat for now as we might be able to use it in a forthcoming tournament event. It should be a pretty good one. I think the new parameters gives the outing creators a lot of freedom in setting up their outings and added quite a bit of fun and character to our game.

Looking forward to seeing and fishing your new outing! :P It has taken you long enough to do this one so it should be good! LOL

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:33 am

Hi Everyone:

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Brook Trout Male in action. It is a really pretty fish and fights well. I am quite happy with it. Hope you will be able to see this fish in action soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Stanley,
I have the True in on all my fish and they still keep disappearing, I know there was a 139 update at one point, do I need that one. I know at one point it depended on the depths but I played with different depths and I still get the same results. I still have a lot to do with the food after I get everything else set, but right now I have food set at the regular settings. Maybe I can send you the outing and have you check it out and see my problem. Again your Brook Trout will be another excellent addition to our already long list of great fish. Thanks again.
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Roger:

I am not sure if the V.140 patch has all the previous fixes in it. What I did was to upgrade to V.139 and then install the "fish disappearing" patch. This patch brought the version up to V.140. Maybe you can try installing the V.139 first, and then the patch. My install seems to be working just fine and the fish do not disappear after any length of time. :P If you think I can be of help please send me the outing and I will have a look at it for you. You can just zip it up and send it to my email address and I think it will work just fine.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 pm

hi all
back for another week in ireland
managed to get a signal but for how long i do not know
just read this post and my question is this
do i need to update the versions 139 and 140
hopefully i will be able to get back online soon
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 am

Hi Badger:

Good to hear from you again. Hope your internet connection will last long enough to read this post. :P

This is the current version upgrade situation: The V.139, V.140 is still in development and was intended mainly for outing makers. These latest updates included some added features, e.g. fish behavior changes like jump rate, jump height, stamina settings, etc. For the casual fisher the V.133 is the proven and stable version for now. However, to get the full benefit and effects of the new parameters used by the outing maker in their latest outings, the V.139, plus the "fish disappearing" fix will be the ideal install. The installation of the "fish disappearing" patch will upgrade the version to V.140.

Hope this will help to explain the patching situation. Paul is working on a V.141 version which will include all the previous updates but this is still in beta and testing stage. I am sure Paul will release this after all the bugs have been caught. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 am

Looking good Stanley! Can't wait to see the female if one is coming! I also apologize about my absense. I think my computer is on its way out.
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing