After a Little Research We Seem Good To Go

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

After a Little Research We Seem Good To Go

Postby Scottish Warrior » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi All,
I have done a bit of digging around the Old Clubhouse records and have found out that only 3 of the Outings I have updated are not RWFF Outings.
The following 3 Outings were created by Dcarp and I will NOT POST THEM WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION;;
Breitenbush River,North Santiam River and Stave Suicide.
All of the Others you see in the Clubhouse under Pishtech can be posted with Paul's blessing,as long as I use the prefix "Sw The" in front of each Outing,
which I have already used in the Outing Name on the download.
Please let me State again that these Outings are NOT OFFICIAL RWFF OUTINGS and are only MY VERSION using the Original photo's from the Outings,
DO NOT REPLACE THE ORIGINAL VERSION,THESE ARE ONLY UPDATES TO 6 FRAME AND SMOOTHER WATER FLOW,
I HAVE OBVIOUSLY USED NEWER FISH SPECIES TO ENHANCE THE FISHING EXPERIENCE,BUT ALL OUTINGS INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL FISH THAT WERE USED IN THE OUTING BY PAUL.
Thank You For Your Patience but I do not want to upset any member of Our Forum.
Tight Lines To All,
Regards Martin aka Scottish Warrior.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: After a Little Research We Seem Good To Go

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi Martin and All:

That sounds very interesting indeed. Sometimes I DO go back and fish the OEM RWFF outings by Paul just to see the difference of the water animation and the general treatment for the scenes. Those were great for something that was done well over 5 years ago and they have a nice feel to them. Paul was a genius to come up with something like that and I felt in love with it right away. :P Enough for me to give up all the other fishing games and simulators that I had on my computer and stick with this one! :lol:

I loved the RWFF game but after spending a little bit of time with it I was a little put off by some of the fish that were used in the custom outings. The Tiger Trout being one of them. It was not a real Tiger Trout at all. We can't have that in a good fishing simulator, right? That was the reason I started on my fish building adventure. Tried to add something to an already excellent simulator and to do it justice.

While all the scenes, no matter how they are made and who made them, are within the same 1024x768 box, they all seem to have a slightly different look and feel to them, depending on the outing creator and the elements that he chose to put into them. Each outing creator has his own unique personal style. I think this is what makes our game so interesting as each and every custom outing reflects what the outing maker sees in that fishing situation. It is a like a journey through someone else's fishing boots and I find this very interesting and refreshing.

Finally, I have some good news for you all. To resolve many of RWFF bugs and technical issues Paul has a new V.141 version in the works. He might upload it for beta testing soon and this update will include all the updates since V.131. I have a copy of it running on my computer now and guess what? I couldn't tell the difference and this is good news. In this update Paul has resolved the problem of the disappearing fish, added the adjustable fish parameters for the outing makers and fish builders, allowed more fish to be used in each of the scenes, etc. Please look for this beta on the Forum soon.

Martin, looking forward to fishing your new remade RWFF outings. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Boston Bob » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Stanley: I want to go on record and thank you for all the hard work
that you have given to this game with your amazing fish building.

You have enhanced this game and given the outing builders many more
choices in fish selection for their endeavors.

My hat is off to you, Sir.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the kind words. :P I really enjoy building all those new fish species for our outing makers as they will allow our outing makers to create outings from all different kinds of scenarios and locations from around the world. Usually the places that we can only dream of fishing in. Like any good Forum we need enthusiasm, cooperative efforts, diverse interest and skills to keep it active and alive. I think everyone has contributed what they do best and we are doing great.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing