Coming Soon....Salmons Spawning in the Fall

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Coming Soon....Salmons Spawning in the Fall

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Everyone:

You really can't tell by the temperature outside right now as it is still very hot in most places around the world but believe me, Fall is coming and the Salmons will be making their Spawning runs pretty soon. Over the past week I have been building some special fish in anticipation of the Spawning Salmon runs and here you will find a very pretty and unusual Salmon known as the Humpy Salmon, or simply Pink Salmon depending on where you live. This fish grows to a maximum length of 30 inches is one of the smaller Salmons in the family. The color and the unusual shape I found very interesting so I decided to build a pair of them (a male and female) for our outing makers. Below you will see a Jumping Pink Salmon Male in nice spawning colors. Time to think about building some outings from BC Canada, Alaska, Washington State, Oregon and Northern California? Chuck is working on the idea of building another spawning salmon outing right now and I can't wait to see what he will come up with. The Adams River outing was a very successful one.

I also upped the jump rate a little for this fish and they should look pretty spectacular when fighting against medium sized tackle.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing