Barn's Walker Lake, Alaska...Very Nice!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Barn's Walker Lake, Alaska...Very Nice!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi Everyone:

Tonight I had a little free time and tried out Barns' latest creation, the Walker Lake, Alaska outing. The first impression was very good indeed. Very peaceful and beautiful Alaskan Lake scenes with hardly a ripple on the water. The little flies were floating along leisurely along the surface. Put some music to accompany the scenes and they would make a beautiful and sleeping inducing screen saver.

Knowing Barns, he probably has put something sinister below the calm surface of the lake and I was not disappointed. After a cast or two I briefly latched onto what look like a gray colored submarine with a white tip on its dorsal fin. I was using the old maximum 12W rod and 0X leader and didn't have a chance of holding onto this hog of a fish. It just took off and snapped my leader. Period! I tried a few more times and couldn't hook the gray submarine again no matter how hard I tried. I did catch some nice fish but they were dwarfed by the first fish that I hooked and failed to land. You see, size is all relative here. A 40 plus inch fish would have been a nice fish in many outings but not in Barns' monster haven. Well, I will have a go at it another day. :lol:

Here are some scenes from Barns' Walker Lake outing. I think visually this is perhaps the best outing that Barns has produced, at lease in my humble opinion. The water rendering was very nice. No doubt this is due to the CornerA studio software which he used in this outing. Congratulations Barns, a job really well done!

Give this outing a try, you will have a lot of fun if you didn't go to sleep watching the scenes when the fish are not biting. Very soothing indeed! :lol:

Regards.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Barn's Walker Lake, Alaska...Very Nice!

Postby Barns » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Stanley

Thanks very much for the comments, glad you liked this one. If it wasn't for you and the corner A art studio, this would not have been made. Now that i am getting the hang of it expect to see something else a bit newer happening.

I know the feeling of latching on to something big in this outing, even the creators have problems landing their own fish. :lol:

Regards

Barns
Barns

Return to Real World Fly Fishing