The Mating Game...A Fish for Chuck!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

The Mating Game...A Fish for Chuck!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

I have been resting at home during the past week and what better time to do some new fish, outings and videos for RWFF? I had originally built a red Alaskan Jumping Rainbow when I contacted Chuck and the fish evolved into two different versions of Spawning (meaning RED) Rainblows and Steelheads. I will deal with these fish a little later.

Tonight on Chuck's suggestion I tried to build a Spawning Cutthroat Trout. Found some pictures on the web but none of them were good enough to use as profile pictures. Chuck finally sent me one and I thought it would be a real technical challenge for me if I can built it as although the picture was in high resolution, about 1/3 of the fish was submerged in the water! You know me, I love challenges so I set about building this fish right after dinner and finished it in about four hour's time. I counted no less than six different graphics software/tool that I had used while building this fish. There were plenty of adjusting, remaking, realigning and manufacturing to do in order to get the fish to look right. Have a look at these pictures and I think you would agree with me that it was worth the time and effort.

You'd recall Chuck's Adams River where we fished for spawning Salmons in a RWFF tournament and it was a great success. Still a bachelor at the ripe old age of 37 he probably has more "spawning" on his mind than I do. What the heck, I will play along with the spawning game as it is a lot of fun! :lol: On a more serious note though, I do think the spawning theme is a fresh idea and a great one for our RWFF outings as it reflects real life fishing conditions during a certain time of the year for different kinds of game fish. As a bonus all the spawning male fish are always BEAUTIFUL in their spawning suits. Bright red, crimson, orange, green and purple. You just can't get better than that.

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Cutthroat in his spawning suit. Hope you guys will enjoy catching this fish in an outing soon.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: The Mating Game...A Fish for Chuck!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Wow! Well this certainly was unexpected! I sent you the Spawning Cutthroat pic because I thought it was a nice pic of one and I know how you love your cuttys! This will be pretty cool, and quite a cool idea to do torut and salmon species as spawners as well since they go through such a dramatic change in color and appearance! Nice job, Stanley! I guess this means I gotta go find the Female Cutthroat, huh? :lol:
wyldechylde77

Postby Cutch » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:09 am

Great job on the Cut Throat, Stanley. :P
Cutch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Cutch, Chuck and Everyone:

Howdy stranger! It has been quite a while, how the heck are you doing? Chuck and I were talking about you just the other day so you were on our minds. I am glad you liked the new Cutthroat Spawning Male... a very pretty fish to look at and catch. I had a lot of fun building it. This will be what you see when you catch one!

As this guy can't do the spawning all by himself so I found him a purty young lady. This will be the companion to the Spawning Male. 8) (If only I can find one that easily for Chuck!) LOL

Chuck and I are planning a little surprise for you so he will be calling you pretty soon and will be asking a lot of questions. I hope everything will work out and it should be a nice one. :lol:

Do come back and visit us once in while, ya hear!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:08 am

Wow! Very, very nice work Stanley!! As these fish pop out, I'm getting excited to build the new outing which will remain unnamed for now! The spawning Cutthroats will definitely have a home there!
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing