New Jumping German Brown Trout!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Jumping German Brown Trout!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone:

I spent the last couple of days building 3 different versions of brown trouts and I am glad they are done. Why another Jumping Brown Trout? You may ask. I got thinking after doing some Beta testing for Doc. In his new Evolution outing he had the original Brown Trout that was included with the RWFF game. There is nothing wrong with it except that it did not act like a real Brown Trout when it is hooked...Jumping. So I suggested for him to use the Jumping Brown Trout to add a bit more fun and realism to his outing. He tried it and like it. :P

The Salmo Trutta, or Brown Trout is perhaps one of the most successful transplants in all game fish history. Originating in Europe and Asia this fish been successfully transplanted into the US and as far down as South America and Australia. It will thrive where there is clean cold water and it will spawn and create its own population if the conditions were suitable. A wary, aggressive feeder and brave fighter by nature, this fish has won the hearts of the sport fisherman from all around the world. I don't eat fish myself, at least not Brown Trouts, but I was told it is also a delicious fish for the table.

In some streams and lakes where there are access to the ocean waters, some Brown Trouts are known to head for the ocean water where they will spend several years. After gaining size, strength and maturity they would travel back to the same small stream were they were born and start the spawning life cycle all over again. The Sea Run Brown, as Chuck will tell you, is a powerful monster fish when caught on any kind of tackle.

Did you know that Brown trouts from different parts of the world may have a slight difference in appearance? Nah, you say, a Brown Trout is a Brown Trout and you maybe wrong. Just like humans, we have blondes, brunettes and redhead, etc. The Brown Trout actually can look quite different from many parts of the world. The Brown Trout found in Europe, in the Southern Tip of S. America, Australia and certain parts of the East Coast of the US have a slightly darker appearance than those found high up in the Rockies like Montana, Idaho and Oregon. The typical Brown Trouts found in the Mountain States have a lighter and more golden shine to their skins. A Blonde Brown Trout? The original Brown Trout from Europe tend to have a slightly darker appearance and markings. A Brunette? The spawning male Brown Trout might have bright orange marking. A Redhead? This is the whole point about creating different Brown Trouts for different outings.

While the original Jumping Brown Trout looked and acted just great in Montana and Idaho stream outings, they appeared a little out of place in Doc's new Evolution outing. They were just too golden and light in color for a Brown Trout found in the UK...or Europe. It was then I decided to build another Brown Trout for our European friends. :P

After "Googling" for a couple of days I got pretty sick of looking at Brown Trouts but I did find a good pictures of a European Brown Trout from a website in Germany! In many parts of the world people still refer to the Brown Trout as the "German Brown", giving it full credit for its origin. I decided to name my new fish "Jumping German Brown Trout". You can use it in any outing where there are Brown Trout but please also note that this is a slightly darker version than the one already in the fish archives. Here are some pictures of the new "Jumping German Brown Trout". I hope you'll enjoy using, and catching this one. :lol: The maximum size is set at 30 inches. (This maybe a little on the conservative side as we know Brown Trout can grow much larger. Especially the ones that went to the sea!)

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: New Jumping German Brown Trout!

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Stanley,
Another excellent job as usual and excellent fish for the RWFF collection that we all already have. Thanks for all your hard work, it will be greatly appreciated by many.
rwwalleye

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Very nice job Stanley! Love the looks of that one! Around here, we call those vividly-colored Browns "spawners". That's the end-of-the-line colors there. Beautiful fish, and well done!

HOLY SMOKES!! Stanley...I just realized something!! Remember this one? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5010

That one pairs PERFECTLY with this new German Brown. Looks like a Male and Female Brown!!
The two side-by-side:

See?? Darn, Stanley! Wish I'd of known you were up to this!! Lol!!
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

Glad you liked the new Germany Brown. The model I used was actually a fairly young fish. Didn't get all of its feathers yet. A teenager? Maybe this larger one below will make a good companion to the Sea Going Brown Male. Please see the pictures below. :P

Told you I was up to my ears in Brown Trout for the past couple of days. I was seeing black dots when I closed my eyes. Glad you were able to do the match making for the Sea Going Brown. I thought this one was too mature for Doc's Evolution outing based on a small stream and pond so I made the German one instead. LOL
Regards,

Stanley

PS. Watch the picture under my signature for a few seconds. Too bad it didn't work out in an outing with only 6 frames per scene. :lol:
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:55 am

Actually, your new one here pairs even better with the German Brown, Stanley. They do look like a spawning pair. The male has the kype and wide mouth, as you have perfectly illustrated, and the German Brown looks like a perfect round-snout Female. The Sea Run Browns, for as large as they get, never really fully lose thier silverish colorations unless they have been upstream for quite some time. However, you can find the spawning pairs (the browner ones) very thick in deeper creeks and rivers. Don't be surprised if I utilize these two as spawners in an upcoming outing. Male and Female Brown Trout...I like it!! ;-)

Check it out! See something familiar?? ;-)

wyldechylde77

Postby Doc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Nice one Stanley! I'm fighting the urge this has given me to look into creating fish - too much time needed for the 'Go Trout Fishing' outing. You sure have made a great job of the jumping German brown trout - many thanks for all the time spent - it's already downloaded and waiting for somewhere to swim ... now where would it like to go ... hmm
Doc

Return to Real World Fly Fishing