A Jumping Wiper For Roger!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A Jumping Wiper For Roger!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone:

I was reading the new fish idea thread and I saw a post by Roger that I missed. He said he would like to see a new Jumping Wiper. Below is a quote from his message:

"Hi Stanley,
We need a jumping Wiper. This fish is fast growing and considered a mini Tarpon. Indiana State record so far I think is around 25 lbs. I've caught an 18 lber. last year. They will jump, somersault and everything else a Tarpon does only bad thing about these fish they will fight to the death. Many a time I caught one, it was dead before I was able to pick it up out of the water and remove the hook. Now that is a fight. Good redo on your Jau, Thanks. Roger"

I got online and read about this great game fish and I was very impressed. Wouldn' it be fantastic to catch one of these on a flyrod? WOW :lol: Apparently this hybrid Striper is widely distributed in most of the Eastern and Midwestern States and is considered great sport for fishermen using all different types of fishing gear. Enough talking, now back to work on the Jumping Wiper.

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Wiper for my good friend Roger, Martin, Chuck and other RWFF custom outing makers. :P

Roger, you mentioned you had some personal caught pictures of this great fish.Please send them to me and I will use them in the caught pictures. Maybe Chuck would have some too! I should have this good looking hybrid swimming in a couple of days. Thanks!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A Jumping Wiper For Roger!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Very, very nice Hybrid, Stanley! Terrific job as usual! That'll be really cool if Roger had some personal caught pics for you to use. Gives them that nice, personal touch! Unfortunately, I myself have no personal Wiper pics as we do not have Wipers here in WNY. We lack the Striped Bass to do the deed LOL! There are Striped Bass in Central and Eastern New York, but I haven't been out that way. We do, however, have the other half of the equation, the White Bass (folks like to call them "Silver Bass" around here. Makes me crazy LOL! Just like Crappies are also called "Calico Bass" around here by some). But since I do not have any personal pics of Wipers, I can look for some nice caught pics if you'd like. Just let me know bud!
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing