CLJ Niagara River, NY

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

CLJ Niagara River, NY

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:41 am

Hi Everyone,
Just fished Chuck's Niagara outing, Chuck did an excellent job on this one. Stanley's new fish definitely went well with this outing.
Even though you have some fast currents in this outing, the fish are definitely catchable as you could probably tell by my caught list.
Even lost a few of these dynamic jumpers. The fish definitely fought hard especially in these fast currents. I even spotted Stanley's
UFO. Be a little patient with this one because you do have to try out and see how the currents work the best. With the beautiful
scenery, excellent new sounds, the water action (great job with the mist on the falls) and excellent jumping fish I really enjoyed this
one. Excellent job Chuck on the outing, and excellent job to Stanley on the new fish. Only one complaint Chuck, in the last site no
matter what I did (even put the fly in their mouth, those 2 fish just wouldn't bite. Thanks Chuck again for a fine outing.
8/1/2013 CLJ Niagara River, NY
Fish: 14.12 inch Yellow Perch from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: EGHXAGIHCJTUX6053BAYCWPJJVGAPTSLBNJTNCNYEOWNIWAOJMOCXOWAVRILE
Fish: 14.11 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FMTLYTQJYIXHX7428PLCNMYPXIERP@MLHNAGMAIBHCDHMYUKPKYKIKWVLWWNO
Fish: 14.31 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: XNBQSQCYHZIGA0972XCMPIEYUOQLZAZCOCHGIHPNLYGADIASHCIZVXWBQCABU
Fish: 24.69 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FHOOHCGULHSSC8062HYOUALQZCGWKBHGTQTRUBGOLFJEFMOMZXKYCVSBAPSHR
Fish: 13.83 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: LRCCASBLNSWND9196JZTTHAVEOGFTTZSBNGBNAAACXPXGCYFQXEMSRAUBHJGP
Fish: 25.86 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FFAXACWZKYHNM4831DWIJUOFVWONCALFDZDJSJWWDQIQINMVOYMKJTQGOPYTZ
Fish: 22.58 inch Jumping Steelhead from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: PKBKKURIKGIQB4610BURFEPTFQJXVJAGSCUOQTMUSHMYCVHJNYYOYGLSZKDVI
Fish: 17.88 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: VZBLMTXOGALVZ4102EEDVZGCLBKQC@LHOXXOBSRTYNDMKYGJMDNGBRGWEVDVI
Fish: 22.90 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: XMQEXZBRYYRKK9856SLXZBNYNXWMRWFFGLEPUYGJENFGRAIBTMAXLENRNJCUK
Fish: 19.77 inch Jumping Steelhead from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: IGPUJXGEVOCHZ3165MFXEHRUJPRCE@BXWTTDKNSXYJWYRRIPHYLMUMNOKTCDA
Fish: 14.88 inch Rock Bass2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: QAQLZQAXVXYXF2808JNSAPJCJCQVM@WCZODQGSAMGSLVIWILYTCKHAYUZLHMB
Fish: 13.14 inch Rock Bass2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: GKUMFOKEOKHXV2800QBSXHPFQPUMWKLBJFJWDQADGCHYIHNSQGWISWHQYXUYV
Fish: 47.18 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: ZVRQGMFGYKJML4963BHKWEHJJWFIELCTLCEZULDBUGCVPXJDQLWPUBUTTRILE
Fish: 42.00 inch WhiteSturgeon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: NHKURMLHQHMUU9087HVTEXBATCGIZVJMSHFKOOILXWBHXSMFUNXTERSNAMYKR
Fish: 37.23 inch Sea Run Brown Trout from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: GLGGDFSOZJIRU5906RYVUKOLJBMEEHFFRXNNRZSYGNPSTXFRMWETCPRBFPDAN
Fish: 16.47 inch Jumping Sea Run Coho Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FSRMKTAMCVZFK7682SPFZDTUSOQZXTSFMDLETAKSDKXFEASHUNTHXASSWSEWY
Fish: 28.34 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: WOFSLRKWIBFTE4274WAGNNQVMJELOSGHNSVZDIGQMNCQWQOMKQKRBSCWXPPZO
Fish: 27.54 inch Jumping Sea Run Coho Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: NTDACOUPZQOPT1714USNPLHJXIJCLKWHSNKOBWEMPNQUAXJSMLWFJXKOTTWHJ
Fish: 42.33 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FPSHICIKSDLKE2545VQESVHDWVZYHWCIGVTFCAJXWTNXVMGSNYWJDFHUDZGEM
Fish: 25.93 inch Jumping Sea Run Coho Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: TXBNKEFCVYSVI2684LDIACYORIHTOIPSWUMTNVFPLXTPILVWQQUNKLWCMISHR
Fish: 34.12 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: NXEKZOVFBZBJY9956BXABWSZNVSVJMGIZUOMFNXEMHBEVTFZGPCGGTFXZTJGP
Fish: 25.10 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: TJILGWABUIUBU6618VEINJMSAVNPNSOONPBHHNZXEAVGZIWTOUFOTDLNFFWNO
Fish: 27.62 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: APUQQBROHACMH8740OFQIOTTNCGYWEOXSFKXNIDFWKIIBJLBXSSNCTUXIXVUG
Fish: 33.68 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: FUFDZTKGEWUWZ1813WSLBIYYWVIINUOFCTBUVATKSZHTCGUYELJVRUUFHXGEM
Fish: 32.22 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: HJHNRZYRPHRCS0688ZRJPWBESWRTJSWDLPWDIXKAGNTBHYYZVSVRMBUWSTLTS
Fish: 35.95 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: AMDLOSYMOQQMB3424IXHBGHJQJXXHHYAUWSQXACJPSYSSVZLYDUOHYJZRGABU
rwwalleye

Re: CLJ Niagara River, NY

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

Glad you enjoyed the outing, Roger, and some very nice catches! Even hauled in a Sturgeon! Yes, you must have patience to have success here, and the currents provide an added challenge. Although, once you learn how to make the currents work for you it becomes very productive as you found out! I actually slowed the currents a bit during testing, as previously they were just a tad too fast and the fish were having a tough time catching up.
As for the "UFO", I believe it was a blimp or weather balloon, but I'll have to take a look at the actual pic again to confirm. We'll still call it a UFO though. Much more fun that way LOL!!
I enjoyed creating this outing, though it took a lot of time and I was in the midst of a tough period in my life. I like the way it turned out, and it really caught the feel of the system, species -wise that is. Stanley did a terrific job on the new species, and even the 11th -hour Lake Trout 2 turned out superb! If any of you guys are ever here in my neck of the woods, gotta gimme a shout and I'll take you to the river to fish for real!
Although, caution must be exercised, especially in the Lower River. On a somber note, the Niagara recently claimed yet another victim:
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/221293 ... -Fisherman
That is why as often as I fish the river, I do NOT stand on the rocks.
wyldechylde77

Re: CLJ Niagara River, NY

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi Roger, Chuck and Everyone:

Some really great catches there! We went through 3 Betas before Chuck was satisfied with his outing. I think he did an excellent job with the tricky and demanding current of the Niagara. I do liked the frothy water effects he got in some of the scenes. Very nicely done indeed. This was something quite possible to do with the old Nature Illusion Studio software.

Weather balloon and blimp? Sounded like the good old government explanations to me. LOL I am pretty sure the saucer was made by "Goodyear" but it is fun and romantic to think that it was an UFO anyway. It was a very interesting sight though. :lol:

One of the problems we have with our RWFF is that the fish can't seem to "accelerate" fast enough to chase down the food item if the current was set too fast. To catch one you literally have to cast the fly right into the fishes mouth, provided that he was willing to take it at that time. Otherwise the fish would chase the fly until it disappears over the edge of the frame and then the fish will give up.

Once again I was amazed, and impressed by the amount of great fishing available in the New York area. Chuck showed us otherwise and I thank him for that. Too bad the Niagara is half way around the world from here or I would love to visit Chuck and go fishing with him for a few days. Chuck's friend's bass pond really interest me a lot. That would be a great place to catch a good size Largemouth on a flyrod during the morning and evening hours and it would be a lot of fun doing that. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing