Fishing Chuck's New Niagara River Outing...Impressive!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Fishing Chuck's New Niagara River Outing...Impressive!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone:

A while ago I started to work on an outing based on the Niagara Falls and River and Chuck, who lives within a good double haul cast from this great river offered to help. He sent me some great pictures that he has taken himself and also gave me the fish species information. However, after thinking about this for a while I decided it should be Chuck who should build this outing as he has an intimate knowledge of the fishable waters and fish species within it. As it turned out it was a great decision on my part! :lol:

Chuck leaned to create outings in a relatively short time and is doing an excellent job. His ideas are novel and brought some freshness to our traditional outing building. Everyone enjoyed his Adams River Challenge where he used both the male and female spawning Salmons in the same outing and this was a good idea and a first. We exchanged emails and discussed the new Niagara outing and Chuck requested that I build some new fish so the outing will be as exciting and as authentic as possible. I went ahead and build the King Salmon, the Sea Run Brown and Coho and even created a new Jumping Walleye for him. These fish looked and fought very nicely in the rushing rapids and calmer pools of the Niagara river.

No, this will not be your tradition tranquil classic trout stream. The water is powerful and fast and there are some true monsters within some of the scenes. Your choice of tackle will determine your success and you will need to use pretty hefty tackle to fight and catch some of the jumping monsters. You will need to use your own best judgement and fishing experience and decided to use what and where. To keep the outing as authentic as possible Chuck even created some of the minnows found in these water. We have gone through 3 beta tests and made sure that everything looked and worked properly. I would say this is about as authentic, and as good as we can make it for our RWFF game.

Please download this Niagara outing and give it a good going over and post your catches and pictures on this Forum. After working on this for so hard and so long I think Chuck deserves a pat or two on his back for his fine effort. :lol:

Without further ado here are some pictures of the fish and scenes from this outing:

Hope you will all enjoy this nice one!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Fishing Chuck's New Niagara River Outing...Impressive!

Postby badger040 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:08 pm

hi Stanley and all
i have just downloaded Chuck's outing and got this error message
content_errors.txt
Errors were found in outing, fish or food files:

Can't open food def file food\Mayfly Green Drake\food.def.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site01 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site01 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site01 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site02 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site02 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site02 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site03 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site03 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site03 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site04 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site04 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site04 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site05 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site05 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site05 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site06 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Error loading hatches.def for site site06 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Couldn't load definition for site site06 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
Can't load food def Mayfly Green Drake for site site07 in outing CLJ Niagara River, NY.
now according to his post he is moving so not on computer
hope all is as well as can be with you and your family
best regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Badger and Everyone:

Welcome back after a long absence! I took a last look on the Forum before going to bed and found your post re Green Drake. Looks like you either don't have the Green Drake in your food folder or the file is corrupt. No worries however as you can download a fresh file via this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/734 ... nDrake.zip

Just unzip it and put the file into your "food" folder and you will be good to go. Hope others are not having this same problem. :P

Happy Fishing!

Regards,

Stanley

PS. Look into your "food" folder and see if there is an unopened "food" folder within it. If so just expand it and copy all the items into your main "food" folder and delete the resulting empty folder.
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi guys,

First up, just a little update as far as the move goes. Everything is in, I am unpacking bit taking a bit of a break for now. My two cats, Kai and Gypsy, are exploring their new territory, and although they have known each other for 5 years, Kai is hissing and growling at Gypsy to restablish her dominance LOL. Both are females.
I hope you guys are enjoying the Niagara River outing. It's actually kind of funny, but I have actually moved even closer to the Niagara in my current place. The Upper is literally my neighbor LOL! See for yourselves! This is a pic from my front porch:

See that waterway? Great fishing is only a few steps away! But, back to the outing. I see you are having trouble with the Green Drake. I guess I just assumed everyone had it. That should fix your issue Badger, is to just DL and install the Green Drake. You should be good to go then. Any more problems, I will have Internet access through my computer again on Tuesday (currently writing this from my phone).
One more thing....to Stanley. I see you posted the Walleye Dark pic. Remember, that was Beta. Did someone forget to DL this version here? LOL! I know you forgot, because you would have mentioned "Site 15". ;-) I know wha you are thinking: "That darn Chuck has lost his marbles! In all testing there were 14 sites!" Ah-haaa...told you there was something different about this release outing bud. Hmmmmmm.... ;-)
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:55 am

Hi Chuck:

No, I didn't forget. That Dark Walleye was caught from your beta outing before I sent you the new fish. :P I may be old but not yet senile. LOL Here is an interesting picture for you and everyone. Did you know you might have captured a UFO in one of your pictures? Have a look.

Another fine fish from you outing:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 am

hi Stanley,Chuck
and all
thanks for the link but it wont open,i get Dropbox error message
i have checked my food folder as suggested and found no nested folders
i have the Green Drake
after an exhaustive search through the forum,i cannot find another download link for the Green Drake
apart from trying dropbox at regular intervals to see if there is any change
has anyone got any other suggestions
best regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Barry:

I just sent you the Green Drake via your Gmail. Please check and let me know if it works for you. For some reason my Dropbox link is not working. Hope they can fix it soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Everyone:

The Green Drake link is working now. I just checked it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. :roll:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:08 pm

hi all
thanks to Stanley i am now able to fish this cracking,well awaited outing from Chuck
first foray
Fish: 21.81 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: WLHVJASCOBUIX7039QVABTFIROWWCSRAOECSNANUXWSIMCCEEBMAKKRXEYIUZ
Fish: 22.95 inch Jumping Tiger Muskie from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: ZEZSAOIKCDEXQ2770EVEQQCJYOKYREMYVSRGXEXVGSBWGGYKIIJRNTXFVIMPD
Fish: 12.64 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: QQPOPBKUGVMKJ3897OYZLHIEOBQICUUWGDDSPRHWVDLSOXBFKNHXNPEFOJRZC
Fish: 13.27 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: RZKXEHOHVWDUP9209ZJMLXVUZIXSSXETSSNEEPLVEJDCBUGQOAPEAGPQPOJQK
Fish: 28.45 inch Jumping Walleye from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: ZXFIVMOMZBEJS8084NISTRKFXDSDQRRRBNTHWDNBKULJNDLTARMDRIWOFXVRV
Fish: 15.87 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: DYUGAWCRWGCPW2659XMDNKFDYXUQZDZHGJJFFDBPTRAUSOIAVTUZSJGQZMTDC
will give this outing more of a workout later but first impressions are
WELL WORTH THE WAIT,fabulous pictures
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Greetings all!

Am currently at work, still no Internet access until tomorrow besides my phone here. I have been watching what has been going on and if it will help, I'll upload a new DL for the Niagara River tomorrow which will include the Green Drake in the food files. I assumed everyone had that fly, since it is an older one.

Speaking of the Niagara River, yesterday I decided to go take a walk by my new neighbor and snapped some pics for you guys:

Also, really wished I'd of had a fishing pole with me! Here in the weeds, saw big groups of smallmouth and a few Northern Pike cruising around. Tried to get the pike in these pics, but he kept fading into the deeper water:

Will be back around real soon! Any other problems with the outing, please let me know!!
wyldechylde77

Postby badger040 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

hi all
some pics from Niagara
Fish: 49.72 inch Jumping Muskie from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: NXEKZOVZBODRY9956KVCVEQJXWNHNRHGZWOMFNXEMHBEVTFZGPCGAKFXBSTBH
Fish: 28.11 inch Jumping Tiger Muskie from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: ZKPTDVSOHUBWD2131QOVLAXPZDXRXYLSSPDEDMZECAWUYIWHUDNGTNUKGWYKR
Fish: 32.63 inch Jumping Muskie from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: GNKTURRAAWWBB7127EHDZXRGXJZZQNCEHPCVTZBQNTRGRVZHWUUHHIKORCHPM
Fish: 30.10 inch Sea Run Brown Trout from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: JHPHVJAFXVFEL3964UECTXVFPDFSNMJQWVVARLDNEAJWOPNEWJAITKBHORLKX
Fish: 29.89 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: HNJWOYZHSGBJX6840PCXVWJDSCVXLRPCRZACMOCJUHELCCVGPPAAKOOFYZBMU
Fish: 19.93 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: CADQUHLVOUOIC8273TPMEZAMMRADHFNSVEJQWXIVVDJGLFTUTCPIVDZEFGMXA
had me some fun tonight
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:22 am

Hello all,

Well, I'm back online! Yay for me! LOL! Everything went smoothly, all is moved in and unpacked, I am slowly getting back into a normal routine. ALthough, gota say I am exhausted. Cannot wait for this weekend to come to just finally sit back and RELAX with nothing to do. I hope you guys have been enjoying the Niagara River outing. I apologize about the Green Drake though. If you guys want, I will upload a new version and include the Green Drake in the DL. Stupid me. Thats what I get for assuming.
Anyway, I took some time tonight to finally fish my own outing here, and did very, very well. I only wish I could have a day like this on the Niagara for real! The outing was challenging, and it was tough to latch onto the fish. I lost two due to spitting the hook, but thats ok. Another big thank you to Stanley for the fish creation and Beta work. I caught me some beasts!!

Fish: 26.04 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: ZIBBWVBZGIHUN8112NTNTDTMRGBEJUVVBYWWBVQEVUMGBKURCEPSGUSOTBEQT
Fish: 22.90 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: SZQBYPOPNSIGC8902UXMZYTMFGTMPYQWBSDCWXNOLXQHMCCOHUEQZZTHYGMFI
Fish: 26.90 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: UQHCFVTBARUCS8898UZPPRSWFGTGUXCNAOOCMUMVGZLCPAAGIZXHOAVLDENAL
Fish: 24.63 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: SXCJQPEULCNJV4781RVOPTNBTZBDZYCVLKWUUFDWERGTPEAYXWOCGXSTMOMFI
Fish: 22.81 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: XQSNUZUZBAFLH7108MTGYHMEYMBSWZPIUKAFQPQBSHQIMWMANJOYQSHAJALES
Fish: 53.57 inch Jumping Muskie from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: WNVNRACJSZNGN1170DQDUAQHGAUBMQMFESJAPROUFKTWKAEUOACOSRSLRWODW
Fish: 30.71 inch Jumping Walleye from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: BTCCOQSQBKUNR5784HSXDOMFCUCOVMLZPONTCGXPRSGPHNDGSRMIKVTXPZBMU
Fish: 42.11 inch Sea Run Brown Trout from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: WUEGVFGLMJFCY4647PDQNBFWKGNMZPMLIHGXBIIZIVWNOTNJPLFORIYTJYZLH
Fish: 18.94 inch Jumping Smallmouth Bass from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: MJFNBZHVZGFXO4305QPXDBNYGAZBAMSQXGWMYQQSYWYQBJTXMQGNMNPSNHMFI
Fish: 29.24 inch Sea Run Brown Trout from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: EYJOSZOLPHCNJ1452IWVCSQQOALKWMLKPQHLYTDJAFFYMVVHNNJLSKKYZTZLH
Fish: 15.31 inch Jumping Steelhead from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: CZYPTFDFWCXO7407GLONSHHDWQXJUSFRFOWYAESSUONRTXXBQGWQVRMKDXIBL
Fish: 37.94 inch Jumping Sea Run Coho Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: DFOQFFOIBKZM5633PWWFOXPMHKYLAMLSBFHEHEUJYXIPLZVZCJSFKHIHVKIKW
Fish: 33.28 inch Jumping Sea Run Coho Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: UXHQDLFSOTTR2128OWYOMOBVWCZDFWCKOXKZGLGIJLGUTSQUJLIHNRBSXMHAV
Fish: 26.43 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: NRPJVOKTXFBIE7793YDHHONIECMFLLAJCXDGYFVMIZHGCRHCBMGJQDJSJPTBH
Fish: 35.58 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: WBPDBBGBICENO8323HVBAMWPYJXLCBAKEOFWDJSTFTEIHWIZWCDCNLASREVGK
Fish: 48.43 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: AAYJZKDFFXNTU0777VOFLILKWEPPDMLZBLNLKSGIPJJFHRDYHFVCCSQYAFCUK
Fish: 39.39 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: MMWJDQAOTUQBV9531EYYTBMIIJOGSJINWXXTOYRGNNIGKXFFSFELHIAQHSMCX
Fish: 13.86 inch Jumping King Salmon from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: GTACYRBBDOFDW9411FEDONUHIDASIEZJEFNBZZDIRBLEJXYXJPQEKHGLCSHMB
Fish: 56.83 inch Jumping Lake Trout 2 from CLJ Niagara River, NY; Code: AAYJZKDGGFPHU0777VOFLILKWEPPDMLZBLNLKSGIPJJFHRDYHFVCCSQYZFODL

Hope you guys enjoy it! Still cannot believe Mr. Stanley hasn't mentioned "Site 15" yet! Take a look, Stanley...I think you'll like it! ;-)
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing