Niagara River WIP: A little teaser for you guys...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Niagara River WIP: A little teaser for you guys...

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:32 am

Hey all,

Just thought I'd give you guys a little preview of of the new outing I am creating, though the waterway is VERY well known and needs no explaining LOL. Here is a couple pics from the Niagara River:

And, here is one of its residents, which will be joined by quite a few more, and a couple of NEW FISH SPECIES!:

There will also be a few new FOOD ITEMS as well. Hope you guys like what you see so far, and it is but a taste. As you all know, Niagara Falls is a part of the river, and I have the pleasure of fishing this system whenever I'd like to as it is literally down the street from me. Hoping to have it done and out to you guys this coming weekend, as I have to move into a new place. See? Even with all this stuff goin on in my life right now, I'm STILL pegging away! 8)
wyldechylde77

Re: Niagara River WIP: A little teaser for you guys...

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone:

I had the privilege of having a sneak preview of Chuck's new Niagara River outing and I am very excited about it. Some of the scenes are really well done, the pictures are gorgeous and the fish, well...certainly big enough to get your hands shaking and the old heart pumping fast. The Jumping Sea Run Browns are big and full of fight. This will be one of Chuck's best outings for sure.

A lot of work and thought have gone into the water animation in this new outing. How does one render the Mighty Niagara River and Falls? Pretty hard but Chuck has done an exceptional job on it and this outing will be worth waiting for. Now I wished we can have 12 frames animation instead of 6. A little greedy I know but more frames will be need to do this outing justice. :lol:

I know Chuck will be very busy in the near future with moving, painting, work, real life chores and he will try to release this outing sometime in the near future. I will defer the release of my "California Kelp Beds" outing that I have been working on so you guys can try Chuck's new Niagara Fall without any distraction. :P

Well done, Chuck! Looking forward to fishing the Niagara in the not too distant future!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Niagara River WIP: A little teaser for you guys...

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Stanley,

Glad you like the Niagara River outing so far. As you can see, it still has a lot of work to do on it. It's taking shape, for sure, but you know me....things have gotta be right before I release it. As you said, the Niagara River is a very difficult system to replicate, with all its various stages and current speeds. The Upper Niagara and Lower Niagara are loterally two different beings with a different makeup in each. Until you start getting closer to the Falls, the Upper Niagara is much more calm and tranquil, as opposed to the area near the Falls an the Lower Niagara, which are two RAGING beasts. Like said, I wish we had 12 frames to use LOL! Would make the transitions so much smoother. Gonna work with what I have, I just have a feeling that its gonna end up as something out of my hands.
Between the hectic mess of the last two weeks and this coming week, I'll be working on it while I have the small chances. I'm hoping to have it out before the weekend (that is when I am moving an obviously won't have Internet access right away), but if its not ready by then, then it's not ready. Gonna do the best I can. I thank you for trying to take a step back and holding off on your Kelp Beds outing, but please, by all means release it when it's ready! No use waiting for me bud, as time is not on my side this week. If your outing is finished or near completion, by all means let 'em have it! :lol:
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing