VFFL June Tournament, "Martin's Mad Dash to 1000"!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

VFFL June Tournament, "Martin's Mad Dash to 1000"!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone at RWFF:

Summer is definitely upon us and most of us will be spending a lot more time outdoors doing what we love to do best..fishing! Summer is usually a quiet time on our Forum so the VFFL Committee has decided to put on a very special and fun tournament for your Summer fishing pleasure. When the heat gets to be too much you can always stay indoors and enjoy competing in a VFFL tournament against other RWFF members and maybe even win a prize and some points that will count toward the year end Championship. :P

As I have said before, this will be a very special tournament to honor one of our great members, Martin aka Scottish Warrior. You will find the tournament details of the "Martin Mad Dash To 1000" in the VFFL Tournament Announcement Sticky. If you have not yet signed up with VFFL please do so before you compete. The sign up is simple and free!

Now please go to the VFFL section and get your tournament details and download link. Martin, this one is for you!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: VFFL June Tournament, "Martin's Mad Dash to 1000"!!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 am

Hi All,
What a nice surprise on a normal Sunday morning,and a Big Thank You To All.
I have had a few dark times at RWFF but with the help of Good Friends on this Forum (You know who you are) and the Determination of
members Stanley and Bob,who with their words of wisdom talked me into trying to help to make this Game Paul gave us "The Ultimate Fly Fishing Simulation",
It has been a Pleasure Building Outings,not a Chore and with some Master Fish Creators on board how can anyone go wrong,building the Outings is one thing
but having so many Species to include,makes it easier to put Life into Still Photos,as every one of my Outings comes from just 1 Photo of a Site and with the Tools Paul provides
you end up with something which is created for Fun and hopefully Pleasure.
I will not go on any further but just to say Thank You.
Highest Regards To All,
Martin aka Scottish Warrior.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Re: VFFL June Tournament, "Martin's Mad Dash to 1000"!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Martin and Everyone:

I am glad you liked our little surprise. Now that the cat is out of the bag I am free to say something about this. :P Actually Bob, Roger, Chuck and I have been working behind the scene for a long time on this . We tossed ideas and thoughts back and forth via email but we ran into one major problem. How do you pick one outing out of a 1000 to use in our commemorative event? It is like a beauty contest with 1000 contestants, all of them beautiful but one has to picked to win. Very difficult indeed! :lol:

After some discussion, and trying out many of the outings we settled on the St. Lawrence River as it had beautiful scenes in it. The fish was not too large for the novice to handle and it would make a fun Challenge for anyone with some fishing experience. Bob particularly liked the no mode restriction idea as he usually fishes in Experienced Mode. However, if one wants to, and insist on fishing in Expert Mode that would be just fine too. We hope this little tournament will provide our members with some fishing fun and friendly competition during the heat of the Summer.

Yes, we went through a couple of lean years together on RWFF with little friendship and support but it is thriving now. Perseverance did paid off in the end and I am sure we are all glad for that. :P Once again, I wish to thank you for your love and dedication to our little game. Last but not least, I wish to thank Paul for his continued support and quick responses when we wanted to make any sort of changes. :lol:

Have a nice day, take a rest and finish your 1000th outing soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing