Sea Run Coho Salmon For Chuck!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Sea Run Coho Salmon For Chuck!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

A while ago Chuck asked for the Sea Run Coho Salmon to use in his Great Lakes outings. My new computer setup is almost finished so I thought I'd try to build a fish on this new Windows7 computer. First thing I noticed was I had a lot less real estate to work in as I down sized from a 27 inch wide screen monitor to a 24 inch one in the regular format. There is a plus and minus side to this as the 24 inch monitor, being in the tradition format (not wide screen), I had less distortion on the images that I was working on so the results were more predictable. The down side is like moving from a large house to a smaller one. There isn't a lot of room on the screen for the various open files that I need when I build a fish. I might get used to this and I might not. I can always go back to the original one that I had. Too bad, wife, you are going to have to wait a while before I can decide! :lol:

OK guys, you have caught the beautiful crimson colored spawning Coho in Chuck's great Adams River outing, now you will get a chance to catch the ocean version of this great fish known for its fighting as well as table qualities. Here are some pictures of the new Sea Run Coho. Hope you like it! :lol: It will be alive and swimming as soon as Chuck finds me some nice caught pictures!!

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Sea Run Coho Salmon For Chuck!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow!!! Looks terrific!!! I'd sure recognize that guy, for sure! Really great work, Stanley! Cannot wait to bring him to life, and I certainly will begin looking for Caught pics for you. I personally have at least one ;-) Now, all that is missing for the Great Lakes and Niagara River system to be complete is the Sea-Run Chinook Salmon we've been discussing. When you have time and are able, of course and as always. Cannot wait to get an outing based off the late summer-early fall piers of Lakes Ontario and Erie when the Chinook Salmon and Coho Salmon are staging, getting ready for the fall run up the tribs. They are also joined by the Sea-Run Brown Trout and of course Steelhead, who always follow to gorge themselves on salmon eggs!! Cannot wait!!! You wanna talk about epic battles? Man, these beasts will stick it to ya GOOOOODD!!

One more thing, and I had to get a little chuckle out of it. Stanley, my good friend, the fish found on the Adams River outing were Male and Female SOCKEYE Salmon, not Cohos LOL. How could you forget that? After all that work I'd figure you must of grown tired of the word "Sockeye" LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: No, you have the spawning Cohos still in production, remember? Need a refresher buddy? Here ya go: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5002

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5005

Eagerly awaiting these guys, too! I see and catch these spawning Cohos basically by accident LOL. They are usually found in the tribs a just behind the King Salmon runs, and I always hook at least a couple Cohos on the tail end of the King Salmon run. That would be a Burt Dam outing, for sure!!! And Oatka Creek, Oak Orchard Creek, Eighteen Mile Creek... :P
wyldechylde77

Postby rwwalleye » Wed May 29, 2013 1:24 am

Hi Stanley,
Another piece of excellent work. Just don't strain them eyes to much. Make sure you take care of yourself.
Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Chuck and Roger;

Glad you guys liked the new Coho Salmon. Chuck was right, I got the Coho and the Sockeye mixed up partly because I was working on a Snake River Outing and it also has the Coho Salmon in it. Anyway they are all pink colored without their skins. :lol: Both great fighting fish.

Can't wait to see what you will come up with in the Great Lakes outings. Thanks for the great caught pictures. I can surely use those with the new fish.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing