California Golden Trout Almost Done!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

California Golden Trout Almost Done!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Everyone:

Per Chuck's request I have been working on the California Golden Trout and will have it finished in about have an hour. All I need to do now is to clean up the files and encrypt it. I have been migrating to a new computer during the last few days and boy, what a load of files and folders to move! :P I am still not too happy with the setup yet but I will stick with it and get it all ready for the RWFF fish and outing production.

The California Golden Trout, as you will see in the following photos, is just as beautiful as it is rare. It is only found in some of the coldest and most pristine high altitude watersheds in California and other high mountain States. It is a rare trophy for a flyfisherman no matter the size. This fish matures at six inches and can grow to a maximum size of almost 28 inches. This is not the same fish as the cultivated Golden Trout which can grow to a much bigger size under ideal living conditions.

I am sure either Martin or Chuck, or maybe even Roger, will cook up some nice outings for this beautiful fish in the not too distant future. Have fun using this fish in your outings and I hope you will enjoy catching this very rare trout soon! :P

Some pictures of the beautiful California Golden Trout:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: California Golden Trout Almost Done!

Postby wyldechylde77 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 am

As usual, top quality and excellent work, Stanley! I'm especially happy for this one as it will allow me to create an outing based around La Crescenta, CA in tribute to my late grandfather. He and my Uncle Al (my grandmother's brother, also now dearly passed) would come and visit and would always tell us thier fishing stories of chasing California Goldens, Rainbows, and Cutthroats in the mountain streams. Even when I was younger, I wished I could tag along with them and ever since I saw pics of the California Golden Trout all those years ago, I was intrigued by thier beauty. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact name of the system and tribs that they fished, but I will find out. Thanks for this one, Stanley. Now that my RWFF is back up and operating, I can get back to making outings and I hope this one will be a good one!

Now...about those other two we discussed...:lol: LOL
wyldechylde77

Postby rwwalleye » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 am

Hi Stanley,
Again you out did yourself, definitely a beautiful fish. Thanks again for the hard Work.
Roger
P.S. By the way guys, I guess you can say I'm back, and enjoying myself.
rwwalleye

Postby Anguis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Beautiful, Stanley! (Just checking in during another and ongoing break from gaming. Howdy, folks!)
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Anguis:

Howdy stranger! How are things in Minnesota? Haven't heard from you for quite a while and I am glad you still check in and see how we are doing. Lots of exciting things have happened since you were last here, e.g. new fish setting parameters from Paul, many more new fish created and some great outings too. Have a look around and you will see what I am talking about.

We are going to announce a June tournament in the next couple of days. This will be a wild no holds barred, free for all and everyone will enjoy catching some big fish and maybe even win a prize. Watch the Forum in the next couple of days for the tournament announcement! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Anguis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello from cold and rainy MN! Yup, looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do. The tournament sounds good - I'll keep my eyes open.

Later!

Anguis
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Return to Real World Fly Fishing