Troubles...ugh..

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Troubles...ugh..

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to inform all of you about the reason I have been so quiet lately. Yes, I am ok, but unfortunately, my RWFF is not. Last month around the end of April, something happened somewhere which now causes my RWFF to take on a very pixilated look. It affects everything from the scenes to the fish, even the caught pictures. I have been working on trying to figure it out, but I fear an HP update is the culprit and cannot be reversed. I even checked my System Restore files to maybe convert back to the earliest dat, but that date is April 23 and I was already having problems then. I also ran an sfc /scannow process, which returned a report sayig there were some corrupted files that could not be fixed. Checked with AVG and found there was an RWFF.exe in the virus vault. I have since deleted it. I am working with Paul and have also recieved help from Stanley on fixing everything, so the next step is a full uninstall and completely wipe any traces of RWFF from my computer (of course, after backups). Then I will reinstall and see what happens. The problem is weird as it is isolated only to the RWFF software. All other games on my computer look and work fine. Very perplexing and frustrating to say the least, especially when we have Beta builds in testing! Most of all though, it really sucks because RWFF is my escape when I cannot fish for real. With so many new ideas floating around and in the works, this is a terrible time for this to be happening to me. I hope to figure things out in time. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to save some $ and buy a small laptop or something. But, just know that I have absolutely NO plans of leaving the game or these forums. You are a great group of guys here, and I really enjoy BS'n with you guys and working with you all. You're all good friends. I wish there was some way in the future to meet some of you in person and show you some of the real life awesome fishing we have here in Western New York! Fingers crossed that I can get the issues fixed!!!
wyldechylde77

Re: Troubles...ugh..

Postby rwwalleye » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am

Hi Chuck,
I know what you mean by problems, sometimes you may pick a virus like when you download a file from filedon, the virus or corruptness may come from the server it self. I know how things are when your down, I was down for over a year. Hope things work out for you. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: Troubles...ugh..

Postby Boston Bob » Wed May 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Hey Chuck: Sorry about your computer problems. It seems like almost all of our RWFF
forum members have experienced problems of one sort or another.....I hope I'm not
putting the curse on me...I have a cloud backup. I haven't had to retrieve anything yet.

Get that problem fixed and get back into the game and forum. we miss you buddy.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Return to Real World Fly Fishing