A New Jumping PIke For The New Parameters

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A New Jumping PIke For The New Parameters

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone:

My wife came into my study and brought me a cup of coffee tonight. She looked at me and laughed, "Hey, you have been working so hard on the Jumping fish you are getting crossed eyed!", I said really? Took a look at myself in the mirror and found my eyes were not crossed, they were just red and bloodshot and out of focus! Time to take my ride for a nice spin for a couple of hours so the eyes can focus on something 50 yards or further down the roadway. That helped a lot. Now I can see my feet clearly! :lol:

Before the new parameters Paul gave us it didn't matter what a fish might look like in our game. As long as it has a fish shape, approximate coloration and swims and fights a little it was OK. All anyone saw was the caught picture anyway. However, now that the fish are jumping, and in some cases, cleanly out of the water now it does matter what it looked like in the scenes. When I tested the Jumping Pike with the new parameters I really liked how the fish reacted to the new settings. Strong runs, jumps cleanly a few times, then strong pull again, just like they would act in nature. Pretty exciting, I thought. But wait, something is not altogether right about it. The fish didn't look mean and aggressive enough for a big, hard fighting jumping Pike. Hmm... I thought, maybe I can do something about it. I was kind of tired of testing anyway and my creative urge got the better of me. 8)

After a little searching I found a nice picture of an open mouthed pike that I can use for a profile picture. Its body arching and showed a lot of teeth. That is the one, I thought. Well fellow RWFF members, I present to you your new Jumping Pike2. Outing makers will be able to use this in their future outings and when it leaves the water surface it would look lean and mean, a head shaking beast fighting for its life.

Here are some pictures of the new Jumping Pike2, Hope you like it:

I should have it swimming in a day or two. We will then see if it looks good when it performs its acrobatics over the calm lake water surface! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: A New Jumping PIke For The New Parameters

Postby rwwalleye » Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 pm

That pike looks impressive. If it's anything like your jumping Tarpon it will be another excellent edition to our species list. I think you did an excellent job again Stanley, keep up the good work. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: A New Jumping PIke For The New Parameters

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Thanks for liking the new toothy Pike. I thought it looked pretty cool too! I had to develop a slim profile bitmap for this fish otherwise the head and the front part of the fish will look too thick and out of proportion with the rest. I will use the jump sequence in conjunction with the original Jumping Pike and it will look normal in the water, but when the fish has been hooked and jumps out of the water it will have its mouth open and teeth showing. As they say, just as in nature! :lol: Can't wait to get this one into a test outing and make a video of it jumping.

Thanks Paul for making all this possible!!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing