Test Video on Bonefish and Pike

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Test Video on Bonefish and Pike

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Everyone:

It has been non-stop testing for the last couple of days with the new fish setting parameters that Paul sent me. It was a lot of fun but also tedious work as there are so many variables and possible permutations with the new settings. If you changed one factor it would have an influence on another one and it was hard to get everything just right. I try to keep records of what I did when I changed the parameters and I hope this will help everyone when it is finished. The parameter are not difficult to use but the final result will require a lot of testing before they go into an outing. One strange setting will result in funny fish behavior. :lol:

Please have a look at this one where I tested the setting for the Bonefish and the Jumping Pike. I thought the effects were pretty cool here too.

Download Link: http://youtu.be/yWjTDG3a1Vg

I think the fishing action looks pretty good for the Pike but maybe still a little too jumpy for the Bonefish. What do you think?

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Test Video on Bonefish and Pike

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Excellent work again, Stanley. Since I have my 'puter running the game normally again I've been kind of slackin a little LOL! Hey!...I couldn't play RWFF for like 2 weeks!! Cut me some slack! LOL
But in all seriousness I am obviously not a species creator so I have no control over the parameters. I can say that I agree with you about the Bonefish, as it does appear a bit jumpy. The pike though is almost spot-on. In my experiences with big Northern Pike, they will give you a battle for sure and pull off hard, tank-like runs between jumps, but they also use up A LOT of energy within the first few minutes. It's almost as if the fish doesn't come unhooked within the first few minutes/seconds, you're likely to land him. One behavior I would still live to see tested is the "second wind". Pike and Muskie are NOTORIOUS for these last-second bursts of energy, and will make one last hard dive or thrash in order to set themselves free. This is another area where the angler can potentially lose a big pike or muskie. Am wondering, would you be able to test the "second wind" and post on YouTube bud?
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

Glad you are up and running again! :lol: Nice little vacation you just had there. LOL Anyway the testing was very interesting and guess what, when it is all tested and said and done, and out of Beta, the outing creators can actually control a lot of things that happen within the outing and this is really good news. A lot of those parameter will work well once they have been debugged. I must say a lot of testing will need to be done (by the outing makers) before you get the right effects though.

Second wind is a good idea and I think it also depends on the size of tackle used. I use 12W and 0x leader in these tests as they are the maximum provided by the old V.128. That turned out to be a little too heavy to test the "Second Wind" feature in the Bonefish. e.g. You use that to catch a smaller fish and it has no chance of getting a second wind, you'd just pull it in like a Sardine.

I think with the right size tackle the "Second Wind" will be a lot more evident and I will give it another try when I can find some time this weekend or early next week.

I am still having some setting problems with the bigger fish (those over 55 inches) and I have written to Paul and asked for some advise. If I can resolve those I will try to show you something a little bigger with the new parameters.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 am

Hi Stanley,
Great Video and Awesome work Realism is a Reality.
Cheers Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Return to Real World Fly Fishing