Loading pictures from Photobucket to forum

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Loading pictures from Photobucket to forum

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi Everyone,
I don't know if it's just happening on my computer but when the pictures on forum show up most of them are cut off. All those beautiful photos and caught photo's are wasted when you only get 3/4 of a picture. If you notice the last few caught posts I made you get the whole picture.
before downloading my pictures to photobucket I send each picture thru PaintNet and resize by reducing to 65% and then just save back to original file.
I then go to photobucket and sign in and when the screen comes up on right you will see customize upload options. I click on that and a few choices come up and I just click on the 640 x 480 choice and save. Now I go to download my photos so then I can post on forum. I've tried different settings but this one seemed to work out best.
I know it's a little more work, but if your going to post these beautiful photos I think it's worth it. Just trying to make things look a little better. If I'm the only one seeing this problem let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time and lets keep posting. Seems that with everything going on things are geting more exciting all the time, especially after seeing Stanley's jumping Tarpon and Barns and Boston Bob's efforts to show program with all outings and fish in each one. I know more exciting things to come. Roger
rwwalleye

Re: Loading pictures from Photobucket to forum

Postby Doc » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 am

Yep, yours look cut off to me as well.
I resize to 640x420 and upload to photobucket - seems to be no problem that way.
You would expect the way you are doing them to work as well!

Cheers

Dave (Doc)
Doc

Re: Loading pictures from Photobucket to forum

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Doc,
Thanks for the info, I shall start using your sizes starting my next post. By the way you are added to our VFFL roster. Roger
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing