Slate Run Pennsylvania Uploaded.

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Slate Run Pennsylvania Uploaded.

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 am

Hi Fishfolks:

As promised I have uploaded the "Slate Run, PA" for your weekend fishing pleasure. Now you can immerse yourselves in some beautiful scenery and catch some exotic trout species in the comfort of your own armchair while drinking your favorite beverage. It can't be better than that!

This outing is best fish with light to medium tackle. A typical rod set up for this kind of stream would be a 8 1/2 or 9 foot rod with 5 or 6 weight line and 4-5X tippet. You can even go with smaller tippet if you fished with a small dry fly imitation. These fish should give you a good fight when fished with the suggested tackle.

You have heard all the hype and here is the download link for this new outing. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7346429/Slate% ... Folder.zip

Some comments and feedbacks will be most welcome! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Slate Run Pennsylvania Uploaded.

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:11 am

Ooooo boy, Stanley. You've outdone yourself this time bud! Although, can't say I expected anything less from you. The scenery, the fish species, it all works perfectly. I had a really good run on this one, lots of takers for sure. LOVE the Palomino and Tiger Trout! Managed to get into some real tussles with some pretty nice sized Palomino, only had two break off due to my own stupidity. Here's my catch list (told ya I caught a lot!) along with some highlight pics:

Fish: 18.61 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: GDLJMJNVSUPBS9413UCEQERQRTJKPRDZURMZSGBPZKHGYLDTPVLIXOOJHKNLW
Fish: 18.80 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: SLPZTHJMDYNOW1036EYLMNHROTGIOMPMIVSIRVUVAUNXHNBTGYPQXIDSSAFML
Fish: 14.08 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: JOYQDEIUSAYAW7543YNNEYLUWUTZDLJUYISXUSKAEGBONVTRXULIUTCOBULWD
Fish: 17.16 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: TXBNKEFBVQPWI2684UQIMSXGWTXBUNPOTTMTWTSPHRPPDZTMQQUNGURCLGPIY
Fish: 19.48 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: GHBRGJGVVPVYP7766BGICPCFZHSCMKVAAXJPWOUHONSITHZASRQSTKRSGSLTS
Fish: 16.76 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: VFLJELHSSXPO6897TSZRZRXPTDSFHUXGXBLNXIWSRBGGEHHYGMUSKKTKRWVHA
Fish: 25.35 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: YWUYWOFMWCHF8628UGSSJBYCRQDNBIJUYJRSYCHLRXUKLTWMTGYGXXDNCEJSU
Fish: 26.24 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: KLMWSCQKSGPS5002GKXFMLDZZKLAESGOJKXXXIKXVDDCPOCAKAUDDEVGTYAWH
Fish: 20.70 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: OPZVIWBONCMWK4375RVLDKMQLNQAOAZBWQEXYBIODSGPTOYHCIXPEYGVDQVRV
Fish: 22.98 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: CRBNXYJARFFBX0366IWCGAULPCSHEACRHIWJJDCJNMGFYKCETNCGQQRSBHODW
Fish: 18.93 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: BEYWPAEMZIZRM5812QHKCSXYWIBXQVJTOTIIQONTGMDLQISTUEPXYDLXBDOPY
Fish: 27.64 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: HDXLDRNNLQLFF7117ZIQEWEZHIZMODYYLBCXLNDJYYUDKKYRIPZCSUSZHBUJG
Fish: 20.18 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: MAQHNIEPKDGNW7706BLDZVOSLIALBQWMSISGSGINJRPKUGHABHFZYLCPKPHAE
Fish: 18.93 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: MJFNBZHUZGFWO4305RAOUBIKBVSFEPSKVGWMHODSUQUQWXRNMQGNIWKSMVSSC
Fish: 19.02 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: WNVNRACQQRLDN1170EBULALTBVNFQTMZCSJAYPBUBEPWFOCKOACOOANLQEUTQ
Fish: 22.63 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: CSEASPRGAOXDO1482KBFLDTRZOSZMWENPHZAXLTNMXOZKSMVPVKQSJBDHCWHJ
Fish: 16.43 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: ZKPTDVSWGICCD2131ROKUITJPILRDYKQPODEMKMEYUSUTWUXUDNGVFPKEVHHW
Fish: 19.73 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: JPJDQVJICGBYN8678BVHABNLCBMUHHDQGADOIJBWDJBIZDDILCTTEMTZPMAWP
Fish: 20.49 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: MDPMPZXBVWDYC2921GTEGLAJIBRMQVMJZQLOIOJBYIASEVTQZVDYTGONCKQEJ
Fish: 24.28 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: UOZKNVCZYXYED6679RIAWMIXWUUBQZGGIYYUTAQDVNYOMQEFYBHURPWXPIUTQ
Fish: 22.92 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: IAFSUPVURFDIM1693FWJMNKNGIDJLKVAXDIXNDDGQVXAUDZIDDIPBFLJXCBXF
Fish: 21.16 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: MKIRVIQARSVIN5400SFRZEPQUHKXEMMHDFILVEVOBTVKINBFIHOYSPTCSJJFZ
Fish: 19.50 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: ORVMPWKLOLXYZ8396MJBMNGHPBWDIAVBJGTFASJGLHQLQMAYUHNDQSIJORJGP
Fish: 19.67 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: PFOOTDPUYABWO2362CIBZHSUFORHJQVXADMZPAPGSEOUZPZBWLCCGSUYTEOPY
Fish: 25.00 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: SDSGXHPIYJQDU7541RSMFRGQMVHKWRVSWQJURWJMXFSMRMBNRWVFXQFZVPNLW
Fish: 22.79 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: WNVNRACQQUOCN1170EBULALTBVNFQTMZCSJAYPBUBEPWFOCKOACOOANLRJQEJ
Fish: 17.84 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: FFAXACWAKQHLM4831NUZMKIJVCXZOFLBAYDJBHJWZKEQDBKLOYMKFCLGNJQEJ

Fighting some Goldies!

Pretty Rainbow

Striking Gold!

Very first Tiger Trout

Big Brookie

Great outing Stanley. One of your best for sure. Well worth the wait!
wyldechylde77

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Chuck and Everyone:

Thanks for the great feedback and posting on the Slate Run, PA. I am glad you enjoyed fishing this outing as I didn't make it too hard for the average fisher to enjoy catching the fish. Glad you caught some nice Palominos and Tigers. Makes all the time spent creating these fish species worthwhile. I also put a little bit of jump into these fish and I thought they acted just about right when they were hooked.

This may be of interest to our outing makers. I used two different water animation software in this outing and came up with several different effects. One software seemed to work better with rapids and waterfalls while the other looked better when the water was more smooth and quiet. Hope you liked the water animation in this new outing. :P Can you tell which one was which?

I hear Roger will be back pretty soon after fixing his computer problems. We really miss him around here. :oops:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Doc » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Stanley

Only got this great simulator yesterday and the Slate Run is my first outing. Instructions easy to follow - the outing went into the outing folder and looks exactly like all the others there. I put the fish into the fish folder. I also downloaded all the sound, species and food files from the Clubhouse. They have all gone in correctly and are sitting there alongside the files originally in the folders - I allowed over-write throughout.

Problem! Salmon Egg was flagged as missing in 6 sites. Looking to try and find it now! (downloaded version was 1.31, now patched up to 1.33).

EDIT - just found it in another outing - now we're cooking!

Looks a great outing - can't wait to try it 8)

Cheers

Dave (Doc)
Doc

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Doc:

Yellowstone7 here. A big welcome to our game and Forum. Congratulations for getting your V.133 to work correctly first time. You must be pretty good with computer and have a good understanding of computer and files. I am so glad you got it running without too much trouble. :P

Yes, around here we all think this is the best fishing simulator on the market today but we may be a little biased. Many of us here have also tried many other fishing games/simulator on the market and we think this is the best one for several reasons. One being the owner and designer of the software, Paul, is a great software guru, and very helpful and receptive to new ideas and encourages development. Starting with only a handful of fish and a limited numbers of outings several years ago, now we have more than 1000 outings and a couple hundred of new fish that we have built for this game. This game is constantly growing and I think getting better by the day. We are all very happy that your have found us!

I am glad you have upgraded to V.133 without any problems. Actually V.133 is the best and the most stable release for most folks. With this version you can fish all the outings ever built for RWFF, custom and otherwise. The later version releases are actually updates meant for outing developers and fish builders. If you don't do that then stick with V.133 for your fishing pleasure. However, if you should one day to try your hand at building your own outing then you can get the later versions. I must warn you that this is very addictive!

Mouse or Stick? I think this is purely a personal preference as both will work just fine. I personally prefer the mouse unless I put the game on a big projection screen. :P I am also more familiar with the mouse as I use it all the time for outing and fish building.

You should be aware that different outing builders have their own personal building styles and how they would publish their outings in the Development Forum. Some builders expect you have all, and I mean all the files already downloaded into your RWFF game and they would only publish an outing file. This makes a smaller download. However, since the Club House ceased to be updated a couple of years ago I have been uploading my new outings as a "complete outing" which includes the outing file, the fish file and sometimes the new sound and food files. However, I would assume that the person downloading the new outing will have the standard sound files installed. Chuck, one of our new and dynamic young member, has also been uploading his new outings as complete outing. We thought this would make life easier for the new members as they won't have to search all over the place for the missing files. This makes for a much larger download but with today's fast internet speeds and large capacity hard disks we thought this would not be much of a problem. :lol:

You have picked a very nice outing to start your RWFF fishing adventure. :P I created the Slate Run, PA with a lot of new jumping fish and I thought the Slate Run was one of my best efforts. I didn't make the outing too hard so even a new fisherman will have some fun catching those rare and great trout species. By the way, I have a YouTube channel with 82 RWFF fishing videos uploaded and you can see the Slate Run, and many others via by following this link.

http://youtu.be/bxz2kad42fI

Our members live all around the world so there is always someone available to help if you run into any problems. Enjoy RWFF and share some of your catches and comments with us on the Forum. We hope to hear more from you soon! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Doc » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks Stanley. I spent 10 mins before going out on the Slate Run - trainer and little icon man switched off and on experienced.
I got a 16.18 inch and 17.59 inch Jumping Tiger Trout but what I enjoyed most was the fact that the first fish swam at the fly at got away, and then 2 broke the line - then I got the snap and being delicate sorted out and got these 2.

Yes I will be sorting outings. Every time I find a game I really like I am there for the long haul and usually look to put something back into the community. I'm a programmer/mathematician/bridge player so my mind loves a challenge. You mentioned competitions - that's the first thing I would have thought of to add a bit of something different and challenging - glad someone has beaten me to it. Once I really get into this my mind will start wandering into all sorts of outside the box stuff.

Great work Stanley. I will be into taking part in competitions etc. but I spend a lot of time playing bridge at top competition level so I'm often away. - going to Killarney in a fortnight for a 10 day competition - lovely place - mountains and lakes 8)

EDIT : Just caught a 24.01 inch Palomino - what a fight lol! OK, I'm addicted 8)

I need to sort out taking pics of my best catches. Also I've got loads of video gadgets to capture and make vids!
Hey ho - this is fun.

Cheers

Dave (Doc)
Doc

Postby Doc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi Stanley - had time for getting into C A Slate Run today - absolutely beautiful - worth visiting just for the sounds and the scenery :)

I'm getting sneaky already and loving every minute.

Experienced:
Fish: 16.18 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: UKRBUVJGVVRD6174WREXGFONYKXRUIWDCOCWXKFMGLNFZLAYEWBKCIXOTJQCO
Fish: 17.59 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: MSTSOQLBWSSB9422EXQIUDCIBDPHCJOHQJIZDWYXFQZVYNBTXIAIBONNQCAQC
Fish: 24.01 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: OTPDBWUYPAQP7061XUJMTOWRCCAMSCJAZUIVCKTFSNZZOSCOFNLQZFNECUFPY
Fish: 19.98 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: BFPIHJNDRSSH9873CXCSMRHKRXNPAALNWPTZEFEXGPMFCYKKQMXAGXYAKSAWH
Fish: 19.50 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: EOJZMDZFHKPP7274QXLDYNVCSQFDYUVHLQRHFADIDWVZTLZSGNZMSASSSAIIU
Fish: 16.32 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: CYVCZPCAEUWE0395LZGUNXUYDDFSUSLMUUKHVLNWQFJXCULSCYOFNSBZSZQCO
Fish: 18.52 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: UMLSGVSLWHNG3265WTDHZCORCQOACISESERERJPENZOBPSCPOVRYDGZBFLJDE
Fish: 19.65 inch Jumping Brookie from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: QMNFTBJMDIYT8555MFOACVQMOJSQMTJRWZHCUYJFUDWQOOCWQRUWGIIWUXEID
Fish: 18.63 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: IUQONXTHEDFI1811ULIKHTVPRCLGUUCVKMNXILCQBAIHMIWIJUAMFOYDRVRQJ
Fish: 16.31 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: VAGVNCXDGVHT6860FZCTUWFMSDJVDXSHJADYFJUEUWMKXUAAPZGFCOLQNJFEN
Fish: 19.24 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: ETNNDUBTCUVK7111DNVWXISFSQPEWSZEZPZWXZNVACPUAXNQXAVYYPXMXJQMY
Fish: 16.00 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: OWAIGMMHALDV1775CZRNAWIIZDKNGZZXYCAUSSUBHEJGXGOWDUIPUAQDTUJDE
Fish: 19.04 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: UKRBUVJYVYRP6843MHERXFONYKXRSHWDCOCWXKFMGLNFZLAYEWBKSMXOWRGHV
Fish: 18.97 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: NRPJVOKKWXDK2779QXOBCANIECMFNPABZTDGHDIMETDGXFFSBMGJKFISLUQMY
Fish: 17.06 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: XKCMQZKFWJUI4463EZQINVINJQEDVJJZNRPZBFJSTASSPHMBIOKBUEKDCJVEQ
Fish: 17.17 inch Jumping Rainbow Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: CVWYXYKOTCIQ6863AEKJFPWOGKNZCUVIVMSAFLUABOZHTGYKVKIHSXQBEKZIL
Fish: 19.69 inch Palomino Golden Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: ITLIQOKSNVED6031XTPKMMFXMQLOQYIRCVJGUCTUTXHNBAMRVMKJDVOSIUUVK
Fish: 16.40 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: KZHRZKVUADLP1037BLVRUBYJWXXEEIOHAERRLHPQCACMXRTLLWJDRXTVYMDAN
Fish: 20.27 inch Jumping Brown Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: ULCOOEJNFALX8293EBKTMEEZPWXIYDQHKNGNLAXIGWOZDCSXSNJVUNPRYBRWR
Fish: 17.35 inch Jumping Tiger Trout from C L Slate Run, Pennsylvania; Code: TRLMYWUAZWPK7551ZIEJLCCDOXBDJTJKWTBVQLQYDQVAKXVPLNYYOXHFCAYKR

Cheers

Dave (Doc)
Doc

Postby Doc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Just completed a fair amount of time on every site of this outing - beautiful to look at, a pleasure to hear and truly great fishing. I'm now bringing them in by the bucket-load with only very rare line snap on 'Experienced' level. Most important, loving every minute.

Best to date is a 26.24 Palomino.

Thanks again

Dave (Doc)
Doc

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Doc:

What a lovely collection of catches! Sounds like you are practicing and warming up for the tournament coming in May and you will be in good form for that. We are still working on some ideas for the tournament and we would like to make it fun for everyone, beginner and expert alike. Stay tuned for that.

If you are game for something a little bigger, and even more unusual, you can try my "River of No Return" in Idaho. The theme of this outing was based on the Hollywood Western movie starring Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum, film on the the Snake River in Idaho. A portion of that river (the middle section) was also known as the "River of No Return". There is a pretty big WAV file within the folder and it might take a bit longer to download. Just unzip, open the folder and put all the files into their respective folders within the RWFF folder and you will be good to go!

You can download the River of No Return via this link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7346429/River% ... Folder.zip

Let me know how you liked this one! Have fun and tight lines! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing