Home For New Fish and Fish Development Ideas

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Home For New Fish and Fish Development Ideas

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Redfin Pickerel
The Redfin and Grass Pickeral are nearly identical subspecies of Pickerel. The Redfin rarely exceeds 14in, and the all-tackle world record is 2 lbs, 11oz. It is an aggressive predator, and puts on quite an acrobatic display when hooked, making this small but fierce member of the Pike (Esox) family a fun fish to catch

wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Ahhh...got another one here for you guys, and actually I am surprised it's not already swimming around in the Clubhouse Hatchery (or Stanley's Pond LOL)! Almost a no-brainer here!

White Crappie

This guy gets a bit bigger than its other popular cousin, the Black Crappie. It is also found in habiting the same regions as the Black Crappie. It can be a little tough to identify, but I have also added a picture to show the differences between the two. The White Crappie has a more striped appearance rather than spotted like the Black Crappie.

Juvenile White Crappie...no bigger than about 6", but it shows the coloration well

Mature White Crappie

The guy on the right is holding a Black Crappie in his left hand and a White Crappie in his right hand. See the difference?

Now, off to DL some of Martin's new outings and get to fishing! Especially looking forward to the Borneo one. Northern River Shark (Glyphis Shark), here I come!! :P
wyldechylde77

Postby FlyManJoe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Chuck I have actually started the white crappie be for I left for Montana. The fish is almost done just need some minor correcting. Hopefully It will be better then the first fish I made.
FlyManJoe

Postby wyldechylde77 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Hahaha, good deal Joe! Just remember, there is no hurry, run your product through Stanley and Barnsie and let them help you correct any mistakes, and take it from there. I myself am also planning on learning how to create species, just gotta find time is all. I need to learn because I have a big project in mind ;-)
wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 am

I got another one, and this one is actually kind of cool to me. We've heard of its infamous family members, the Northern Snakehead and the Giant Snakehead, but here is another one of these toothy and powerful critters:

Bullseye Snakehead
As with its counterparts, the Bullseye Snakehead is an invasive species, but in its Florida environment, biologists have discovered that it actually has not caused any ecological damage that they expected, but rather carved out its own niche among the local species

Edit*
There. Added more pics. Seems Google Images doesn't work right on iPhones anymore darn it.
wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks to my recent post below about "Big Fishes of the World", I found one very interesting fish native to Asia and is an exotic here in the US!

Amur Pike

Info for the Amur Pike found here

LOVE the spotting!!

wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:42 pm

I know the forums have been quiet, and I myself haven't been feeling too well, but I thought that maybe for development purposes I could post up another fish species that is native to the South and from what I understand is a fun fish to catch (aren't they all though? :lol: ). I'll also have to ad in a note, because this one gets EASILY confused with others:

Redeye Bass

The Redeye bass (Micropterus coosae) is a species of freshwater fish in the sunfish family (Centrarchidae) native to the Coosa River system of Georgia, Alabama. The waters it is normally found in are cool streams and rivers in the foothills of mountains. The upper jaw (maxilla) extends to the back of the eye, which is usually red. There are dark bars on the side, which fade to lighter color in the center.
Growing to a maximum reported overall length of 47 cm (19 in), the redeye bass is one of the smaller black basses. The probable world record for Redeye bass is 5 lb 2.5 oz (2.34 kg) from Lake Jocassee in South Carolina. Many Redeye bass world record listings, especially those over 5 lb (2.3 kg) are actually records for the shoal bass (Micropterus cataractae) which was commonly called Redeye bass.
Its main food tends to be insects.
The rock bass (Ambloplites rupestris), a distinct species of Centrarchid, is sometimes called the redeye or redeye bass.

*Notes
As noted above, the redeye bass is commonly mistaken for shoal bass and rock bass, sometimes even smallmouth bass. For those unfamiliar with the fish, and if you decide to take it on, I can help in finding good caught pictures for you, because it is very easy to mistake other fish for the redeye bass. Its one of those regional things. Even here in New York, I've heard Rock Bass referred to as "Redeyes". Here are some pics just to compare:

These are Rock Bass, NOT Redeye Bass. If it looks more like a panfish than a bass, its a Rock Bass. Good little pointer.

Another one commonly confused for Redeyes, the Shoal Bass:

A big thing to note, Redeye Bass' fins have a reddish tint to them with a whiteish outline, as the Shoal Bass does not:

Redeye Bass:

Shoal Bass:

Once again, if whomever decides to take this one on, if you need or want help with the caught pics, do not hesitate to ask me, for I know this one can easily be confused. ;)
wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:40 am

Wow, it's been a few days since I have posted a species idea LOL! I actually brought this one up to Stanley in an email in one of our conversations, so I thought I would share it here with you guys as well. This is one of those fish that we have in its creek forms, but it does exist in another form (and can get MUCH bigger) and is actually very common here in the Northeast. Anyone who has fished the Great Lakes and other large waters probably knows this fish well:

Sea-Run (or Great Lakes) Brown Trout

This form of Brown Trout is a brown trout in with all the characteristics and mannerisms of its stream-running brethren, although the Sea-Run (or Great Lakes as it is know here) Brown Trout has a more robust body and can get MUCH bigger. We're talking 30-40lbs. It looks a little different from its stream-run counterpart, with silvery sides and belly, but retaining the brown/greenish backside. It is a hard, hard fighter, going between tank-like runs and when near the water surface, using high flying aerial jumps and violent head shakes. I personally have caught these guys while fishing for staging salmon off the piers of Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, and even the Niagara River.

wyldechylde77

Postby rwwalleye » Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi Stanley,
We need a jumping Wiper. This fish is fast growing and considered a mini Tarpon. Indiana State record so far I think is around 25 lbs. I've caught an 18 lber. last year. They will jump, somersault and everything else a Tarpon does only bad thing about these fish they will fight to the death. Many a time I caught one, it was dead before I was able to pick it up out of the water and remove the hook. Now that is a fight. Good redo on your Jau, Thanks. Roger
By the way Stanley if you decide to do this one I have some personal caught photo's with my self and my son. Just let me know.
rwwalleye

Postby wyldechylde77 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 am

Hi all,

First, my apologies for not being around too much lately. Dunlop has increased our workload, doing a lot of OT, the weather has been nice and trying to take advantage of the springtime fishing!

I agree with Roger here that a Jumping Wiper would be great. Hybrids are such hard fighters!

I actually come to you with two that I think are pretty cool. Neither are real large and would just add a new dimension to different outings.

First up, we have the pretty little Shadow Bass.

The Shadow Bass is the southern version of the Rock Bass, and more info can be found here via Wiki. Little guy, but can be fun! Some pics:

Also, we have a hybrid species that is quickly becoming very popular, the Bluegill-Redear Hybrid.

As you can see, these guys get quite large, making them a very robust and tough customer. Can grow to about 20" and roughly 3-4 lbs! Some pics of these pretty yet hard fighters:

wyldechylde77

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 am

Having some trouble sleeping so thought I would rack my brain to bring you guys some new fish ideas. Came up with one so far that would fit the bill. This one is actually a saltwater species, and can be caught on a variety of different lures and methods.

Spotted Bay Bass

(Taxidermy mount)

Pretty fish, and as said can be caught a variety of different methods, including fly fishing. Found primarily along the bay areas around California and Mexico, it is a fast-growing fish and maxes out at about 26-27". The current World Record is listed at 10.4 lbs. some pics of this good looking fish:

wyldechylde77

Postby Ninjata » Thu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm

i have an idea for a good fish for flyfishing, take the Mullet, its a nice fish on the fly, in real it takes often 20-30 m line in first run, make this fish please :)
save the worms, fish with flies :)
Ninjata

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Ninjata:

We do have a Sea Mullet in our collection. Do you mean another fish that you have in mind? There is a fresh water Mullet too. Can you post a picture and a name for our to see? :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Ninjata » Fri May 31, 2013 8:05 am

Yellowstone7 wrote:Hi Ninjata:

We do have a Sea Mullet in our collection. Do you mean another fish that you have in mind? There is a fresh water Mullet too. Can you post a picture and a name for our to see? :P

Regards,

Stanley

ok the sea mullet is right, i know it as Mullet
thanks

Ninjata
save the worms, fish with flies :)
Ninjata

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing