Custom flies button doesn't show in flybox

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Custom flies button doesn't show in flybox

Postby nymphaholic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:48 am

The custom button doesn't show in the flybox screen. I noticed that the bmp is green wheras the other or original buttons are brown. Also there is a green button that is called oringinal flies, this doesn't show either. How to seperate custom flies under custom flies button in fly box or is it not possible. In other words do I just mix all the flies together? I would like them all organized by type like the originals such as dryfly, nymph, etc...
Can someone describe in detail how this needs to be arranged in the game folder?
nymphaholic

Postby dcarp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:16 am

Nymphaholic,

Once you tie a fly in the game and click "save", the fly will be categorized into your fly boxes dependent upon how you classify it in the next step (i.e. - if you select Adult Mayfly, the fly will show up in the Mayfly Dries box, if you select Minnow, the fly will show up in the Streamers box).

Flies that you do not classify will show up in the "All other Flies" box.

If you select "all flies" in the "options", both original and custom made flies will be in the boxes. If you select "Custom Flies" in the options, only your tied flies (and those custom flies tied by other users and download by you) will be in the fly boxes.

Hope this answers your question.

Tight Lines,

Dcarp (Dave)
dcarp

Postby nymphaholic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:58 am

Dcarp, I was refering more to the custom flies that I downloaded from the site such as yours. And the fly box options to catorgorize flies such as salmon flies. the only catagory buttons to click on in the fly box are the ones that came with the game, even though other buttons are in the image folder such as custom flies. I don't have the option of custom fly selection in the fly box.
nymphaholic

Postby dcarp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:52 pm

Nymphaholic,

Downloaded fly folders should be placed in the same directory as the fly folders that come with the game. If you open Window Explorer and go to "C:\Program Files\Pishtech\Real World Fly Fishing\Flies\" you will see a list of individual fly folders. The Customer Made (and downloaded) fly folders must be place in that same directory (folder) on your system.

You will not see a "custom fly" box in the game, but do have the option to only show custom made flies, but again, they will not be in one seperate box. They will be scattered throughout the boxes depending on the type of fly it is.

Also, make sure you are running the latest version of the game - Third Edition Full Version - Update 116 (not the demo verison or prior releases).

I hope this makes it a little clearer.

Dave
dcarp

Postby nymphaholic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 pm

Dcarp,
I thought that there would be a button called custom in the fly box screen since it is in the image folder, not a seperate box. I didn't know that they would be dispersed in with all the other flies by catagory. So thanks for clearing that up for me.
nymphaholic

Postby Pitti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Nymphaholic,

about custom flyboxes we had asked Paul. We all would like it to order flies in separate usernamed boxes like salmon-flies, dryflies, seatroutflies and so on. Paul will see what he can do for future updates.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby nymphaholic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 am

Pitti,
I look forward to that, thanks and I can't wait.
nymphaholic

Return to Real World Fly Fishing