Hand crafted handboxes...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Hand crafted handboxes...

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:32 am

Folks,
I found a really nice hand crafted Fly Box on the internet. I modified it so it works in our game. I also have the nice pictures that are on top of the boxes,...I put them inside the cover.
Below is a picture of the one I'm using. I've reduced the size so it wouldn't be so large to see on the mesage board.

If you folks like this want to try it in the game....let me know and I'll make up 3 different boxes (different pictures inside each lid) for Pitti or Dave to setup for downloading.

I"ve put "Cutch Custom Flies" on mine but the ones I make would not have names. However, if you want with your name, send me a PM with your email addrsss. Tell me the text you want on the box. :wink:

In the game, open the Images folder, right click and rename the handbox.bmp to handbox_old.bmp Later computers list handbox without a .bmp so rename it handbox_old.
Now paste the new handbox.bmp in the game. If the original was handbox (no .bmp),......rename the new one handbox (no .bmp)

If you want to go back to the original, remove the new handbox, and rename the handbox_old.......handbox.bmp or handbox (if the original didn't have .bmp)

This was Carolmo's idea,....I couldn't resist trying it. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:42 am

Hmmm, don't know how I made 2 posts,....sorry about that folks. Paul, can you delete the other one?
Sure wished this message board had a couple more options,.....most message boards have features to EDIT your message or DELETE it? :wink:
If not, please ignore my other post folks and post your replies here,...thanks. :wink:
Cutch

Postby taupo_tiger » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 am

looks very nice!
:)
taupo_tiger

Postby Fishin Musician » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:41 pm

Thanks Cutch,
Looking forward to the download. :D
Fishin Musician

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:32 pm

I realized I had only 3 sets of flies showing in the game and 4 strips for the flies in the first box, so I redid the handbox,..now the flies are where they're supposed to be. :wink:

Cutch

Postby dcarp » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:07 pm

Cutch,

Great work! I really like the old classic wooden box. Nice addition to the game.

Dave
dcarp

handbox

Postby Carolmo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 pm

beasutiful box, Cutch!
Thanks!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Ok, I just sent Pitti a private message with the link for the 3 hand crafted boxes I made so he could put them in the downloads in our Club House.
He will let us know when they're ready for download. Thanks, Pitti. :wink:
Below is a picture of the boxes:

Box 1

Box 2

Box 3

If you want your box personalized, that is your name on it, sent me a private message with your email address. Tell me what text you want on which box (1, 2, or 3). I have "Cutch's Custom Flies" on mine. I can send you these by email and won't have to update the personalized ones on a website. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:24 pm

If anyone wants to try one, Pitti has the handboxes ready for downloading in our Club House/Library/downloads,....there are 3 to choose from. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing