New Book in the Clubhouse Library

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Book in the Clubhouse Library

Postby dcarp » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Hello Everyone,

We're working to expand the Clubhouse Library a little by adding a Memberlist Book. Members of the Club can have a profile page added to the book if they choose. Members who are hesitant to provide personal information on a public website can simply exclude that personal information.

One of the great features (Massimo's idea) of the Memberlist Book will be the ability to incorporate Google Earth .kmz files that can show other members of the Club where you live, where you fish, etc. on the Google Earth Interactive Globe.

Google Earth is a free application that you can download here:

Google Earth Download

Again, we can put as much or as little information in the book depending on each member's preferences. Some members may not want the exact location of their home shown publicly, etc. The book is not fully functional at this time, but you can see a sample of what's to come here:

RWFF Member Book

I've only included some of the things we could think of for content for the pages. I'm sure there are more details we could add if you would like.

If you'd like your profile added to the book, please send me all the details you'd like included via email to dcarp@wvi.com

We are also considering utilizing Google Earth to show the fishing locations in the game so that we all know where in the world we are fishing! That's another project though..........

Tight Lines

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Good job Dave, and I like those ideas. I'd had Google Earth for several months now, and really enjoy it :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:49 pm

For you folks who have had Google Earth for several months, I just checked and there is a new update available. Open Google Earth, click on "HELP" at the top, click "Check for updates", then download the new version over the top of the previous version,...you don't have to remove it first. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing