New water: Church Coulee Creek opens tomorrow, 10-24-07

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Postby Striker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Woohoo! downloading it now. I've got my 5 wt all ready to go, flies all freshly tied and a ice cold 6 pack waiting for me back at home that I can enjoy while telling my buddies the tale of the monster brown I pulled out of the river. Here we go!!
Striker

Postby dcarp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Howdy Folks,

How's everyone enjoying Church Coulee? Pretty quiet around here today. Is everyone still out fishing? Boy, that's a lot of water to cover isn't it!

I fished it a while last night and had a really great time. Biggest fish was a pretty little 13 inch brown.

How'd the rest of you do?

Tight Lines,

Dave
dcarp

Getting tried moving around

Postby Bobcat John » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 pm

This is one site that we will be doing a lot of walking I caught a couple of 12 inchers it is nice to have another creek that demands a little more accuracy with your casts. I'm over shooting some right now, keep the fly in the water.

Thanks carol for letting us all to fish, and this is a great choice.

Thanks
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

re: new water

Postby Carolmo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi!
It reminds me of my home stream in the Catskills! I lightly fished it all last night just to see the pools! I did get a 17" & a 23" and several 13" and the rest were small! I'll fish it taking more time soon.
Glad everyone is getting to enjoy it with me! Keep us posted on how you do!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Cutch » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:56 pm

Beautiful little stream, nice job, Paul :!: :
It reminds me of the many small streams my bro's and I fishing as kids here in the Willamette Valley. We could wade most any place as the deepsest holes were about 4 feet deep and many streams were only 10 fee wide or so. We would slowly walk the up stream so the fish wouldn't be spooked. (most fish face up stream to catch insects, etc floating down at them). We called these small streams "Creeks". :wink:

When we spotted a feeding trout, we'd sneak up (hands and knees) so the fish wouldn't see us. We made sure our shadows weren't on the water too. Then we'd flick our fly (not over 20 feet cast most of the time), and let the fly drift to the fish. These hungry little native Rainbows and Brookies would really attack the flies. :wink:

Church brings back some wonderful memories. :wink:
I finally finished fishing all the sites. I caught fish in every hole from mostly 7 to 13 inches, but did nail a 26" Brown.
Next time I fish it, it will be on Expert Mode, with the lightest tackle in the game. I'm sure I'll lose that 26 incher. (I think there are bigger ones) :wink:
Cutch

re: new water

Postby Carolmo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:33 pm

I think this stream will bring back memories for most fly fisherman! I caught a 25" just before Cutch posted his 26"! It's so much better to catch a big fish in a small stream!
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby oppimax » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Cutch,

I think this the beautifull of RWFF: it's a "real" simulation that brings emotions (and memories!) like in real life. :wink:

A good cast, the rigth fly, the big fish where you tought it was and so on! 8)

Church Creek is the river I would like to have near home! :roll:
Thx Paul!

I got one of the "bosses" living in there: a 25 brown with 7X and the smallest rod; 10 minutes of fun!

@Paul, did you change the pictures of the"jumping fish"? They looks better than previous! Good job! :D

Tight lines!

Ciao a tutti! :P
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Striker » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:50 pm

This little river is great! I love that I have to really check my casts on most parts, and having to dead drift to get the fly right where I want it. I have to admit if the AI in this game is as close to nature as it seems I'm learning just as much about where fish hold and presentation as I do on the river :) This stream offers a great learning curve when hunting wary trout :)

THREE THUMBS UP!
Striker

Postby nccorthu » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:10 pm

A great new creek. The way I like them. Thanks Paul
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby shanksi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks Paul and Carolmo, super river to fish. So far only managed to fish about half the sites. Looking forward to trying the rest.

shanksi
shanksi

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing