Progress on next new water

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Progress on next new water

Postby paul » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:42 pm

As you may know when Carolmo won the recent competition she picked Church Coulee Creek as the next water to be added to the game. I'm working on it this week. It's taking longer than most to prepare, but that's in part because it's got a LOT of fishing sites. I won't know the final number in the outing until I'm done with the configuration, but there were 37 different sites shot, so there could be up to that many fishing locations. That will be a lot of new water to explore when it's done. Of course Carolmo gets to fish it solo for the first week. 8)

Another reason this work is taking me longer than usual is that I've decided it's time to get that content creation kit put together. So as I'm working on Church Coulee Creek I'm also writing detailed instructions of the process, grabbing screenshots to illustrate the instructions, and cleaning up the tools I use. That will take some time to complete, but when it's finished anyone with a digital camera, a tripod and some image editing software will be able to add their own rivers.

I could use a few beta testers for the RWFF Content Creation Kit. Anyone have a local water that's currently fishable or at least looks fishable who would like to give it a shot? I think I'm one to two weeks away from having that ready to test. I've got to get that creek finished first though, so Carolmo can start her week of exclusive fishing.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby dcarp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 pm

Paul,

Wahoo!!!!! Count me in as a beta tester! I've taken pictures of the Santiam River and Breitenbush Rivers here in Oregon in anticipation.

Once you've got Carolmo off fishin her prize river, I'd be happy to start testing out the "RWFF Content Creation Kit"

I'm still trying to get a couple of those Kokanee to hit a fly so we could potentially add them as a species. I've been reading a few articles on the net and it is possible to get them to strike (just gotta piss them off).

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:34 am

Paul,
I would TRY Beta Testing, if I'm computer smart enough? I have a nice digital camera and I know how to use my Paint Shop Pro 7 graphics program fairly well.
There are several good trout and steelhead streams close by, but most are muddy right now. The middle of December, my wife and I will be going to Phoenix, Arizona for about 3 months. (My son's family lives there) We'll be back home about April 5th. I can pester Dave (dcarp) for some help, and if he refuses to help, I'll drive up to his home, break his flyrods and steal his flies. :shock:
(He's about an hour away from where I live} :wink: So I could try it for a couple months?
I'll have my laptop with me and RWFF plays very well on it,....so I'll stay in touch while we're in Arizona. . ;-)
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:01 am

I would like to test it too. :D

Regards Peter
Pitti

Hi Paul

Postby jcroc36 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:08 am

Hi Paul

count me in for the beta tester as i have a river in front of my house in scotland :D

Thanks for the opertunity to try this if you accept myself :lol: 8)
jcroc36

Postby oppimax » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Paul, :D

obviously lot of testers for a jewel-tool!!! :P :P

If there is still an opportunity to be a beta tester for the "RWFF Outing Kit"....I would be glad to help you! 8)

Ciao
Massimo :D
oppimax

Beta Testing

Postby nccorthu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:18 pm

I'll always be happy to beta test anything to do with this program.

GaryO
nccorthu
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Postby paul » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Thanks, everybody, for volunteering! The more people who try it out, the more new waters we'll all get to fish.

The more I work on this tool (I'm calling it the CCK for content creation kit) the more I realize I can automate or simplify. Some parts that are now tedious will be easy (click a button to do a certain step for all the sites in an outing at once, automically) and some parts will require setting up some configuration files (how many fish of what sizes in each pool, etc) and some will require some basic image editing skills (marking up images to show the depth and current flows.) All in all I'm sure it work out fine and you won't find it all the difficult to add your local waters.

This is such a creative group of fly fishing folks that I have no doubt we'll see some wonderful new waters. Many of you have taken the fly tying farther than I ever expected, coming up with not only amazingly intricate flies but even custom materials. I can't wait to see what all of you create with the CCK!

Thanks for all your support!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Content creation kit

Postby Bobcat John » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:40 am

Paul
Will this kit also be used to add different types of fish like stripped bass and others if it could that would be really neet.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:16 am

Bobcat,
In your Profile, I believe if you'll paste or type the link below in your signature, it will show up without the extra text you have,.,..at least mine does. :wink:

Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing