Suggestion...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Suggestion...

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:42 pm

(Pitti and Dave are saying, "Oh no, Cutch has another suggestion,...LOL) :wink:
In the past in my hunting, fishing and racing games, members met every Saturday afternoon about 1 pm or so and competed against each other. (We had chat in our programs). :wink:
Usually a time limit of 1 hour was set and whoever had the most or biggest fish or deer, elk, bear, ect,...was the winner. (Whoever won the most races was the winner in the racing games) These were so much fun, we all looked forward to it. :wink:

The 1 hour fishing thing we just had was really fun I thought. We fished the same stream BUT, you could use any equipment you wanted. :wink:
For me it wasn't the prize or how I placed (1rst, 2nd, 10th, whatever), but the fun of chatting with my friends and the competition.

So finally my suggestion: Make it an every weekend affair. Find what times would suit most folks, and go for it. If every week is too often, set it up every other weekend. What do you folks think :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Hey Cutch,

I like your suggestion. I really, really enjoyed the contest we had Sunday. Peter has given us a wonderful tool that brings us all closer together as a community. This is the best bunch of fishing buddies I've ever had! I especially like that we went fishing together at 1 o'clock in the afternoon as opposed to 4 o'clock in the morning like my real life fishing buddies often do :wink:

I think we should have a "standing" appointment every week for those who want to gather and fish as a group. But I also like the surprise invitations now and then. I've gotten in the habit of turning on the chat everytime I fish now so that I increase my chances of running into a fellow member. I must admit though, it seems like we end up chatting more than fishing. :)

You'll know when we've had enough of your "Suggestions" - we'll just stop responding to them. :wink:

Tight lines Cutch,

Dave
dcarp

Postby oppimax » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Good idea Cutch!

I'll be there...here in Genova on Sunday at 10 pm!

See you and all other guys I hope!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby nccorthu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:51 pm

It all sounds great. I would suggest that times get rotated so that people can participate at reasonable hours.
I'm not into doing this at 4 AM. ( yet at least).
As for prizes on the regular raffles how about sending out PDF forms ( certificate) filled in with what we did and can print them out on fancy paper (if we want) at our own expense. or just save the PDF file.
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Return to Real World Fly Fishing