Looking for screenshots

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Looking for screenshots

Postby Pitti » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am

Hi :)

I thinking about to write and offer an RWFF-Articel for a German Flyfishing-Magazin.

Therefor I would need some very nice screenshots of casts. I would like to have normal cast, snaky cast, rollcast, speycast.

I've tried to make some screenshots, but I can't get the right timing, so my screens looks not really nice.

If anybody like to try it too, any help are very welcome. :)

To make screenshots I suggest a capture-tool, which can capture the screen and save it as number incremental into a folder. There are many freeware-tools like:

http://www.freeware-download.com/downlo ... /1637.html (english)or
http://www.freeware-archiv.de/FastStone ... enshot.htm (german)
(I havn't tried them, but they looks fine).

Perhaps anybody want to try it. :)

Thx
Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby paul » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:46 pm

As it happens, I've been thinking about having a contest for the best screen shot. How about this: Send the best screen shots you can get to screenshots@pishtech.com. Each person may submit up to 4 pictures by October 6th. I'll post them on the web and we'll take votes for the best screenshots in 2 categories: Best casting screen shot, and best non-casting screen shot.

This is open to those with the demo version as well as those with the full game. The winner in each category will receive a copy of Real World Fly Fishing on CD-ROM. If the winner already has the full game it makes a great gift and the holiday season is approaching. :)

Here's a tip for capturing screenshots of fast moving scenes like casting or fighting fish for those with the full version (this won't work with the demo): Sign in as "Cheater" and while fishing press "4" to freeze the action. Now press the space bar to advance the game 1 frame. That lets you step through the motion of a cast, etc. Press 4 again to resume at normal speed.

Good luck, and tight lines!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Pitti » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Here's a tip for capturing screenshots of fast moving scenes like casting or fighting fish for those with the full version (this won't work with the demo): Sign in as "Cheater" and while fishing press "4" to freeze the action. Now press the space bar to advance the game 1 frame. That lets you step through the motion of a cast, etc. Press 4 again to resume at normal speed.

Paul, this is the tip of the day! :D

Thx
Peter
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Folks,
I have the full version of FRAPS that I use to capture frames in the games I play, then I use Windows Movie Maker to convert the AVI files to WMV files. FRATS saves the captured frames as AVI files in a folder.

I can open AVI files with Animation Shop 3 and make animations, or transfer any of the frames into Paint Shop Pro 7 and save them as jpgs.
(I can touch up the colors also in PSP7) :wink:
Just let me know what exactly you need and it will be fairly easy to get you either animation files (gifs) or jpgs. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:16 am

Here's an example:
I made an AVI file with FRAPS. I opened the AVI file with Animation Shop 3. I changed each frame rate from 8 hundredths of a second to 15 hundredths of a second. (Slowed down all 30 frames). Now it looks like flycasting in slow motion. I can speed up or slow down the frames rates as I choose.
I can also take these 30 frames (pictures) into Paint Shop Pro 7 and make jpgs of each one, or all of them. I can also resize the pictures and touch up the colors if needed. :wink:

Check out this animation I made from a FRAPS AVI file:
Real World Flycasting in slo-motion

So, whatever you want, I think I can provide for you? :wink:
Cutch

Postby Cutch » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:23 pm

Here's another one. I slowed down the frames to 20 hundredths a second and used both the forward and back swing to the cast. (which I didn't in the first video I posted.) :wink:

SLOW MOTION, FRONT AND BACK SWING FLYFISHING
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Cutch,

WOW! Those slow-motion videos are amazing. You're a master!

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Not really Dave,...I know just enough to keep me in trouble. LOL :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing