Final Contest of the Summer Season !

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Final Contest of the Summer Season !

Postby dcarp » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Hello everyone!

Beginning tomorrow, bright and early, (depending on where you are in the world) the final contest of the Summer 2007 Season begins. It's going to be a winner-take-all blowout! 100,000 points for first place, 50,000 for second and 25,000 for third, etc.. Every participant will earn points on this one.

All posts and rankings will be reset following this contest in preparation for the Fall 2007 Season. This is a great opportunity for the new folks to get their "feet wet" :? in a contest. There's a chance for a first-timer to claim the title of "Fisherman (person) of the Summer".

Contest rules and information will be posted at the Clubhouse tomorrow morning. Be sure to click the on Match Calendar on the right side of the room (behind Sue). Remeber to refresh the screen if you're not seeing the rules.

If this is your fist visit to the Clubhouse, feel free to look around. To enter the Clubhouse Lodge simply click on the front door. Once inside, use your mouse to explore the place. If your mouse pointer turns into a hand, go ahead and click. You'll find lots of valuable information about the RWFF community (unless you run into Joe of course, but you'll probably get a kick out of him). Be sure to sign the guestbook that's on the table and feel free to read the newspaper there as well.

A lot of the objects you see in the clubhouse lodge are "clickable". You can check the current member rankings from previous contests and see a number of wonderfully game crafted flies on display (sorry, Carolyn's #6 Post-It note fly is not available for viewing yet :wink: ). You'll find a comprehensive library with some very nice volumes and a wealth of information. Also in the library you'll find some very useful downloads that enhance the game.

I want to thank everyone who posted suggestions and comments about the future of our contests. We will be incorporating many of the ideas into the 2007 Fall Season and will continue to look for ways to make these contests better and better. I also think we all owe Peter (Pitti) a HUGE thank you for all he has done with the Clubhouse and the Contests. I had no idea (until I volunteered to help) how much time and effort he puts into this. He is taking a much deserved break this week, so please direct your questions, suggestions and comments to me during this new contest.

Good luck and tight lines everyone!

Dave (dcarp)
dcarp

Postby dcarp » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Just adding a couple notes here:

I will be out of town and away from my computers on Sunday this week (day two of the contest) so if you post a question or comment, you may not hear back from me until Monday. I've got the opportunity to do some off-shore fishing out of Newport, Oregon and I just couldn't pass it up. I hope you'll understand.........

Also, I will be out of town at business meetings on Thursday and Friday of next week, but I will have limited access to the web and can respond to questions and comments in the evenings.

I'll do my best to get everything posted and current at the end of the contest, but cannot guarantee to be as quick and effecient as Peter (Pitti) has been. Please bear with me, this is my first assignment as Contest Assistant Manager :) .

Dave
dcarp

Postby dcarp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:44 pm

Clarification of the Rules:

The objective is to catch the two largest fish you can from each of the 3 rivers and they must be 2 different species in each river.

Hope this helps.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:56 pm

Looks like fun, Dave. We appreciate your hard work and the great job you've been doing,...THANKS :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby taupo_tiger » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:08 pm

congrats, carolyn osmon (and to the others also)
:)
taupo_tiger

Return to Real World Fly Fishing