Is there a way...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Is there a way...

Postby Cutch » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:03 am

to delete the old challenge records that we no longer use? Many of the old ones I started but didn't finish.
When I click "View Challenges", it takes forever to scroll through the old ones to get to the current ones.
I'd like to delete about 90 percent of them.
Cutch

Postby paul » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:18 am

Cutch,

It's easy to delete all the records for one fish, one player, or one outing. Right now there's no way to delete individual catches or scores from the records, though. In the main folder each player (user name) has a record file that looks like username.rec, storing that users biggest fish. In each fish folder is a username.rec file that stores that users biggest fish of that species. Then there's a top10.rec file that holds the top 10 fish of that species. The outings work the same way, with records for each user, the top 10, and the top 10 challenge scores are in top10c.rec, and each users challenge scores are in username_c.rec. You can erase any of those files to wipe out those records. If you're not sure about removing them, you can move them to some other folder, or rename them. For instance, by changing fred.rec to fred.rec_hide you'll keep the game from seeing those records.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Cutch » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:17 am

That did what I wanted,...thanks, Paul. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing